Z68 NO onboard video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineiro

Jan 7, 2012
I was looking at some motherboards on Newegg and found that not all Z68 chipset motherboards have onboard video. I understand that it must be paired with a processor that supports onboard video for it to work, but some motherboards Like this one from Asus doesn't have any video ports on the I/O backplate.

I can't just look at a motherboard that has the Z68, H55, H57 etc chipset that Intel's product brief says contains onboard video and say this motherboard also has onboard video? I ask this bcuz it has been my assumption for a long time now. :eek:

Is this up to the motherboard vendor?

Thanks,
Eng

Solution
You are correct, it's up to the manufacture. In many higher end boards this would be a waste of money to include as a feature since they realize folks will have a discrete card and rarely if ever take advantage of the onboard. So as you search continue to do your research, as you have done, and pop in here should you have questions.

netops07

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
You are correct, it's up to the manufacture. In many higher end boards this would be a waste of money to include as a feature since they realize folks will have a discrete card and rarely if ever take advantage of the onboard. So as you search continue to do your research, as you have done, and pop in here should you have questions.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.