Solved

560/570 Upgrade: Should I Upgrade System RAM Too?

Hey guys, I've narrowed my decision to either the 560 or 570. I currently have a C2Q9400 w/ 4GB of RAM and Win7 Ultimate.

I will be gaming in 1080, and I will definitely play GTAIV:EFLC.

My question is whether or not I should add 4GB of RAM($100) or just keep my RAM where it's at. Will choosing the 570 require more system RAM? If I choose the 560, will I need more system RAM to compensate for when vRAM runs out??
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrade upgrade system
  1. Well not really, i play a lot, have 6gb of ram, but usage never did go more than 3.5 gb /
    You are fine for gaming with 4 gb/ no matter what card. Normally better cards have higher vrams, wont use more of system ram than lower ones.
  2. 55Range said:
    Well not really, i play a lot, have 6gb of ram, but usage never did go more than 3.5 gb /
    You are fine for gaming with 4 gb/ no matter what card. Normally better cards have higher vrams, wont use more of system ram than lower ones.

Well, considering I'm on 32-bit, I only have 3.2GB of RAM available. Also, don't GPU's with higher vRAM use more system RAM? This article basically confirms that I need more RAM, but I was just wondering what some of you might think.
  3. Do not worry, 4 gb is totally fine..
    Even later if necessary you can add more.
    You are fine with it now/
  4. 4 GB is enough for games. If you did upgrade your RAM, you'd also have to upgrade your OS to 64 bit
  5. Best answer
    4 GB of RAM on a 32-bit OS is plenty enough for gaming. Even 4GB on a 64-bit system is almost invariably enough, and you'll actually probably get more room out of 4GB on a 32-bit system (even though it only sees 3.2 GB of it, many of the data used in memory will only be 1/2 the size).
  6. Thank you for all of the replies.

Most people are telling me that 4GB is plenty of RAM. I'll probably stick with that.
  7. Best answer selected by abottig.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gaming RAM Graphics