Solved

Starcraft II PC Build ($1500)

Hey Everyone,

It is now time for me to ditch my iMac for a stronger gaming machine. I mostly play starcraft II and I hate having to set my graphics on high. I'm looking to spend 1500 dollars for the best gaming rig with the following specs. (I already have windows 7, cd/dvd drives)

- intel (sandy bridge i5/i7)
- graphics cards in SLI/Crossfire
- windows 7 64 bit
- highly expandable
- USB 3.0

Thanks for your help!
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about starcraft build 1500
  1. Best answer
    I'd ask in the Home Built forums about this. You're free to spend whatever you wish, but depending on your screen resolution, $1,500 is way overkill. You can probably get by with an $800 machine. Check out the $550 SBM to see how games did on that type of budget.

On topic of this forum: Based on how game companies are trying to keep 'platform-parity' with their titles, it almost begs the question about how much hardware you really need for new titles. Seems like a for a new system, a $120 CPU with 6850 or 6870 will give you ample performance to handle the type of 'least common denominator' titles that game developers seem to be moving towards.

-Chris
  2. This topic has been moved from the section Video Games to section Systems by Mousemonkey
  3. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice

Fill out this Sticky, it will give us more information to work with. :)
  4. Best answer selected by atan17.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Starcraft Systems