Realtek audio driver problem

smohanbabu

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Hi,
I have and Intel DG41WV motherboard with integrated Realtek audio. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I installed the Realtek drivers from the Intel driver CD.

Mostly things work ok except ever now and then it gets into this mode where the sound cuts in and out and I get messages you just plugged a device into the audio jack, or you just unplugged a device from the audio jack

I'm not sure if this is hardware or software, but I have noticed that when I have my headphones plugged into the front of my computer the problem never occurs. The problem only seems to occur when I'm one the main speakers.

smohanbabu

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

I have plugged the speaker into front panel also. But same issue occurs. I dont think its a audio jack issue. Looks like Realtek driver problem, it falsely detect the audio device and pops up a message "You have just plugged an audio device" Then Sound cuts. Is there any other driver available for this DG41WV board other than Realtek?

sddale

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
I have the same problem. I'm using Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit. My machine is about 3 months old.

I get the "you just plugged a device into the audio jack" message (from Realtek HD Audio Manager) about once every two seconds when nothing is plugged into the front jack. If I plug my speakers into the front jack, mostly I get no audio, but occasionally, the sound will kick in for about a second then cut back out.

Hardware problem with the front jack assembly? In addition to the green audio output jack that front jack assembly also contains a pink mic input jack, and two usb ports.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

aqe040466

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

Try to update to the latest driver of the integrated Realtek audio. Go to Intel Website

smohanbabu

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

I tried with latest driver also. This problem doesn't resolved. Pls suggest any other option? or i guess i have to format the Windows 7 and install new OS and then try to install Realtek audio driver.

aqe040466

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

I experienced that same thing happened to you before, What I did was I bought a USB head phone and eliminated the problem.

bdicroce

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
I had the same problem with my Realtek Audio on a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 v1.3 motherboard inside an Antec 302 case. I'm also using Windows 7 64-bit Professional edition.

In order to fix the issue, I simply rolled back the driver and the problem went away:
- Go to Device Manager (via Control Panel > System)
- Open the "Sound, video and game controllers" node and right-click on your "Realtek audio device" or "High Definition Audio Device" to view its properties.
- In the property window, go to the "Drivers" tab then click on "Roll Back Driver..." and confirm that you want to roll back.
- Reboot the computer and the problem goes away.

The rolled back version I'm using right now is 6.1.7601.17514.

smohanbabu

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

I tried roll back and restarted the computer. Now the version is 6.1.7600.16385. Previously one speaker was worked for sometime and sound will cut in between playing sony/movie. but now the speakers are completely not working. :(

I've had problems with speakers not working and no access to Realtek software.

I tried new speakers - same problem. I was hoping it's not a problem with my ASRock X79 MoBo.

I pulled out the driver CD that came with the MoBo and re-installed the original driver for Realtek. So far, so good.