Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help me decide!

Tags:
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
March 8, 2012 11:49:18 AM

Hi folks, first time builder here.

Currently looking at either a Z68 at £75 or a mATX H61 at £60.

On thinking about it ive got 8gb memory but unsure if i would be upgrading to the new ivy bridge processor anytime in the near future (have to wait until the prices have reduced heavily)

The question is - Do i save £15 now and get a better motherboard when i can eventually afford to upgrade the cpu as ive just ordered an i3 2100 or do i spend the extra £15. By the time i can upgrade my cpu newer motherboards would be out anyway and probably the price will have dropped on the Z68. Dont know about overclocking so we can rule that out.

Your input?

Thanks

More about : decide

March 8, 2012 12:37:25 PM

I think i may have just answered my own question. Doh!

as the i3 cant be overclocked and i plan to use it for some years to come i may as well sit on a H61 until the time comes to upgrade as the h61 cant be OC either so ive read.
!