bmarquesmz

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
hello all
i seem to have a little problem.
i went today to buy a hdmi cable to use with my new monitor.
i have a nvidia 9600gt by gygabite wich supports hdmi and my lcd is a 23" samsung syncmaster P2370ms that supports up to 1080p and a resolution of 1920x1080

up until now i was using a normal vga cable, that worked great. but i wanted to try out the high definition that my monitor supports. so i plug in the hdmi cable on the lcd and the other end on my graphics card. but for my amusement, the colors on the screen got worse. the contrast was all messy, and the colors made my eyes uncofortable after a while.

is there a setting or configuration i must do to correct this?
on the nvidia control panel, on the page to change the resolution, it has 2 sections. one for HD and one for PC, when i use any resolution from the pc area, the colors are fine, although with a not so big resolution - 1600x1200 -
but when i switch to the HD resolution of 1920x1080. the colors get all messed up.
the graphic card in question is a nvidia 9600gt from gigabyte

what am i doing wrong?

many thanks in advance

whooleo

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
It's the monitors settings, some monitors have individual settings for each resolution. You can use the Logam LCD test web site: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ to calibrate your monitor correctly, but don't pay to much attention to the white and black saturation test not all monitors are good enough for that test lol.

bharathgdk

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
Hi.. i had the same issue.. solution is simple.
First on moniter :
open menu> input>source list > switch to pc.
In nvidia control panel :
Use ycbcr444 in the advanced display settings

you should be done :)