Looking for Good Gaming Micro ATX case

hjn123

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
Hello, I am looking for a good Micro ATX case for gaming, just wanted to know if there are any that anyone can recommend?

It will have to have space to fit a single card of the current high end graphics cards and if possible cable management and some cooling options, I don't OC so don't need much cooling.

I have a full tower at the moment and most of the space inside never gets used and it just takes up a lot of room, are my hopes to high or is there something that can cater for a decent spec machine but not dominate my desk space. Also I like simple plain designs like Fractal Design and Lian Li.

Many thanks in advance

Uther39

Distinguished
THE CHEAP

Aplus CS-Blockbuster-Storm Micro ATX with Side Window with 2x USB, 2x Audio, 1x Firewire (No PSU)
863552-a.jpg

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/aplus-cs-blockbuster-storm-micro-atx-with-side-window-with-2x-usb-2x-audio-1x-firewire-(no-psu)
Manufacturer: Aplus Fan Bays: 1 x 120mm
1 x 220mm
1 x 80mm
Edition: Fans Included: 1 x 120mm
1 x 220mm
Form Factor: Micro ATX
Window:
Material: Aluminium Dimensions: 285 x 385 x 260 mm (WxHxD mm)
Front Panel: 1 x Firewire
1 x Headphone
1 x Mic In
2 x USB 2.0
Colour: Black
PSU : Weight: 2.94 Kg (Approx)
Drive Bays: 1 x 3.5" External
2 x 3.5" Internal
2 x 5.25" External

THE EXPENSIVE
Silverstone Fortress FT03B, Black, Micro-ATX Aluminum Mini Tower Case w/o PSU
1379321-a.jpg

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/silverstone-fortress-ft03b-black-micro-atx-aluminum-mini-tower-case-w-o-psu
Manufacturer: Silverstone Tech. Fan Bays: 3 x 120mm
1 x 80/92 mm
2 x 80mm
Edition: Fortress Fans Included: 3 x 120mm
Form Factor: Micro ATX
Mini DTX
Mini ITX
Window:
Material: Aluminium/ Steel Dimensions: 235 x 487 x 284 (WxHxD mm)
Front Panel: 1 x Line Out
1 x Mic In
2 x USB 3.0
Colour: Black
PSU : Weight: 6.7 Kg (Approx)
Drive Bays: 1 x 2.5" Internal
3 x 3.5" Internal
1 x Slim Optical

Uther39

Distinguished
Both the above cases will fit a GTX580 card inside, i have used both cases and they both offer fantastic cooling, but i thin the cool plain look of the Silverstone would suit you more, however with the Silversone you will need to buy a slot drive DVD for your optical drive. Both cases also use standard ATX PSUs.

hjn123

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
Wow the Silverstone looks impressive, the other one looks a bit too flashy with its big fan and displays and stuff. The Silver stone is a bit expensive but looks fantastic!

I was looking at Lian Li PC-A04 but now im not so sure, what are your thoughts on the PC-A04?

Uther39

Distinguished
I would not like to judge as i have never used the Lian Li, however the Silverstone case i have 2 of and can truly say that the modern chimney effect airflow, case styling and build quality are truly excellent.

hjn123

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
The Lian Li was more of what I set out for and will fit my current set-up (computer desk) but the Silverstone is more of a gaming case with more airflow and so on, do you have any more suggestions that might stir me? Otherwise Ill just have try and make my mind up, but there so matched for my needs!

Thanks for the help

Regards Hjn123

TRENDING THREADS