Closed Solved

Low Profile Memory

8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about profile memory
  1. Best answer
    No. 1.50v RAM doesn't get hot even if you OC the CPU; warm at best. They can if you exceed their rated 1.50v specifications.

The G.SKILL is only 2x1GB whereas the Corsair is 2x4GB, just pointing that out. 4GB density does run warmer than 1GB density RAM. Neither is a concern for high temperatures. Generally, 1.65v in 4x4GB running DDR3-1600 gets warmer but even those are fine with low profile cooling. It's not until you OC >4GHz and are running DDR3-2000+ @ 1.65v+ where it's a good idea not to use LP RAM.
  2. Quote:
    Generally, 1.65v in 4x4GB running DDR3-1600 gets warmer but even those are fine with low profile cooling.

Although this ^ answers my question, but still, :p

If my CPU is OC'd, say 4.5ghz, Using LP memory @ stock settings, 4x4gb 1600Mhz 1.5/1.65v, won't cause any heat issues?
  3. bartholomew said:
    Quote:
    Generally, 1.65v in 4x4GB running DDR3-1600 gets warmer but even those are fine with low profile cooling.

Although this ^ answers my question, but still, :p

If my CPU is OC'd, say 4.5ghz, Using LP memory @ stock settings, 4x4gb 1600Mhz 1.5/1.65v, won't cause any heat issues?

What is your CPU and mobo?
  4. Just like jaquith wrote, - 1600MHz @1.65 still doesn't get hot, just warm.

All these heat sinks are marketing gone wild and it looks better to folks that care how the case looks from the inside.
  5. nikorr said:
    Just like jaquith wrote, - 1600MHz @1.65 still doesn't get hot, just warm.

All these heat sinks are marketing gone wild and it looks better to folks that care how the case looks from the inside.

Thank You :)
  6. Best answer selected by bartholomew.
  7. bartholomew said:
    Thank You :)

You're welcome.
  8. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM CPUs Product