Sign in with
Your question

No video signal

Last response: in Systems
April 2, 2011 12:28:08 AM

Hello,

I have just recently built a computer out of parts from some older computers. I know the mobo used to have a videocard in it, but now i am trying to use on board video. When i hooked up everything my monitor gets no signal from either dvi or vga.

All my fans come on, and so do the leds. My mobo doesn't have a speaker, just a green led which stays solid. Also my keyboard does not get power as far as i can tell.

I have read the two threads about not getting video from new builds and tried almost all of the suggestions. I have reset the jumpers, unpluged the battery unhooked everything except essentials and still nothing used all different combos or the ram i have and nothing works.

Specs:
AMD althon 64 X2 6400
Asuss M3A78-EM mobo
cosair 650 TX
some random cosair ram that used to be used on this mobo

More about : video signal

April 2, 2011 12:31:38 AM

Are you sure all the parts work?
April 2, 2011 3:49:32 AM

they used to work. They were all in working condition before i tore it down.
Related resources
April 2, 2011 4:09:38 AM

Hove you check the bio?
April 2, 2011 4:10:07 AM

Work through the "System Won't Boot" checklist in the sticky and let us know if that works. You'll also find a link for breadboarding, which you could also try.
April 2, 2011 4:13:20 AM

I remember encountering some bios setting such as enable onboard graphics and onboard soundcard. Althought I do not have the same mobo you got here.
April 2, 2011 4:22:19 AM

i can't check the bios..... i can't get a display. I am not going to take apart my current rig to try to fix this old one. I figured there is a way to set the mobo to default without being able to see anything. I thought that is what resting the jumpers did.
April 2, 2011 4:24:49 AM

Yes, that should be the clear CMOS jumper. Everything's connected, right?
April 2, 2011 4:34:17 AM

like power cables? yeah, and i highly doubt the psu is bad i have never had problems with corsair. This mobo only has a 4 pin cpu power i don't know if it matters which one of the plugs i use coming from the psu, but i have used both.

And yes my monitor works, i am using it on my other rig right now.
April 2, 2011 4:41:30 AM

OK, try disconnecting every non-essential thing for it to POST. DVD drives, HDD's, gfx cards, etc. Also try with just with one stick of RAM, testing each stick.
!