Sign in with
Your question

ASRock H61M/U3S3 abnormally long splash/screen boot time.

Last response: in Motherboards
March 8, 2012 4:47:11 PM

I built a new pc for a co-worker and used an "ASRock H61M/U3S3" with an i5-2400 processor. When ever it is powered on the splash screen is shown for a long time, I haven't left it on to know exactly how long it will stay on there out of impatience. Longest i have waited is 15 minutes. To get it to go into the post screen then to the windows boot screen it has to be powered down and turned back on until it boots properly. The pc does have the ASUS instant boot utility, could this possibly be causing some issue? Or what else can i try to get it to boot properly. I have gone as far as reinstalling operating system, moving memory, and switch the sata port the Hdd is connected to.

TIA
March 8, 2012 5:17:14 PM

you should disable splash screen in boot options in bios to know where it gets stuck

i think it could be a problem with hdd but i can't say for sure

try entering bios, reset it to defaults, then enter boot menu, disable splash screen and if it's still doing that, post what is the last thing written on the screen

edit: instant boot has nothing to do with not being able to get past post screen (it basically switches shutdown function with hibernate of some sort)
http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/14/asrocks-instant-boot...
March 9, 2012 12:16:06 PM

Tried that, Now instead of hanging on the logo screen it is hanging on a Pre-Post screen, which has " Version 2.0.xxxxx Copyright 20xx American Megatrends, Inc." in the upper left hand corner, and "B4" in the lower right. It sat there for about 5 minutes this morning before it continued to go through the post screen then the windows loading screen.

Related resources
March 13, 2012 3:42:07 AM

Im having the same issue. Just built this computer this weekend. Haven't seen anyone else with the same issue. Im using a sata3 harddrive, that's the only somewhat abnormal thing in my build. Did you resolve the issue? Sometimes it boots up just fine. Other times it takes 5 min. And even a few times I waited up to 30min then reset and it booted right away after. I debating if i should update the bios but the listed changes that I've seen do not mention this.
March 14, 2012 7:34:23 PM

I have not resolved the issue yet. My next step was to update bios and see if it alleviated the issue. I just haven't done it yet.
April 14, 2012 7:50:45 PM

I'm having same issues. I tried updating the BIOS but I couldn't get the comp to recognize the flash drive while in the boot menu so I gave up and going to try again later.

have you found a fix yet?
May 28, 2012 4:04:56 PM

I've been at college so i havent had time to try anything. Im going to update the bios now. And ill post my results.
June 1, 2012 10:43:39 AM

I had the same problem with the z77 Fatal1ty Professional. I updated the bios and it did not help. I had to RMA the board (as per recommendation from the Microcenter staff, where I got it) for a new one and it worked like a charm.
!