Gigabyte ga-73pvm-s2h

mynameisnemo

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Hi,

I know this is quite an old Motherboard, I was given a computer yesterday with this motherboard in paired with a Intel E2180 processor & fan, 4GB of RAM, and two different graphics cards which I'll list below:

VTX HD5450 1GB PCI-E
Real Time HD3870 512MB PCI-e

I'm aware that without a BIOS update the HD5450 isn't compatible, although I do have the update on a flash drive....

The main question's I'm asking is:

When installing Windows 7 earlier I came up with a BSOD caused by "IRQ NOT LESS EQUAL" which caused the computer to restart, since then I've been unable to get to the POST screen via the On-board Graphics and the HD3870.

I've tried clearing the CMOS by removing the battery & jumping the two pins, I've removed the DVD drive, 80GB IDE hard drive and 160GB Sata drive, I have a 450W power supply in the tower, but to no avail.

I have power going to the hard drives when there connected, as well as the DVD drive and processor fan, there are also no beep's out of the speaker at all.

I'm wondering if the actual board could have failed at all? or could it be something more sinister?

Thanks in advance

John

SpadeM

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I've had the same motherboard in a build i did a couple of years back for a friend, running a E2160 stock with the on-board graphics only. It was basically an office PC and after about a year or so, it started restarting itself out of the blue and giving all sort of issues. I even ended up in a similar position when it wouldn't even allow me to see what's up in the BIOS. And in my case the problem was a bad voltage regulation in the cpu block (capacitor issue). So .. i gave up on the board since repairing it wasn't a priority at that time.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
That could be why you were "given" the board, huh? Breadboard it for a test outside the case. Install just the CPU/HSF, (correct) memory, PSU, and integrated graphics connected to the monitor. If you can't boot to BIOS, I'd say the board or processor is defective.