Sign in with
Your question

HDMI audio sync issues

Last response: in Motherboards
March 8, 2012 5:39:00 PM

Just like to say great to see how popular this site is now.

First build in 8 years how things have changed......

Ok the problem is i have the following build connected to a lg lcd via HDMI . The problem is on video, the audio is out of sync. Have read some info but can not pin down the problem. Maybe a graphics card ?

Intel Core I5 2500k
Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor
(6M Cache, 3.30 GHz) 1155 (DAM HOW THIS COMPARES TO INTEL T3200 LOL)

Asrock Etreme4 Gen3
Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 1155

8 GB Corsair Ram
(2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 - 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black, PC3-12800 (1600), Non-ECC, CAS 9-9-9-24, XMP, 1.50V (Stable for now)

1TB (1000GB) Seagate Hard Drive
1TB SGATE ST1000DM003 SATA3

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Nice one people :lol: 

More about : hdmi audio sync issues

a c 716 V Motherboard
March 8, 2012 8:15:23 PM

If the HDMI is coming from the GPU then it's a GPU issue and not your MOBO. Check that the HDMI is selected as shown below and/or update you GPU's drivers. If you're using the audio from the MOBO, somehow it should be turned-off, then don't. HDMI is a single source (video + audio); use (1) source.

In Windows make sure the Audio (HDMI) source is properly selected:
March 8, 2012 9:24:31 PM

Ok so i am a little bit lost have been trying all sorts how do have the latest intel driver ? Oh and it is a lg tv funny thing is it lets me et this as the default sound device ?

Related resources
a c 716 V Motherboard
March 8, 2012 9:30:05 PM

Again, if the HDMI is running from GPU <=> LG TV then the problem is with your GPU. Yes, the GPU has its' own sound device and it's 100% separated from the MOBO's. Update the GPU's driver and set the ATI/AMD/nVidia HDMI Output as the Default audio output source.
March 8, 2012 9:42:39 PM

Ok sorry to be a pain in the mobo option i can only disable either all sound or the hdmi sound i can not disable the onboard sound (readltek HD) and have the hdmi sound as it will cut ALL sound. i do not have a ati nvdia my setup is onboard using the hd 3000 and it has the latest drivers.
March 8, 2012 10:01:03 PM

Also why would you " set the ATI/AMD/nVidia HDMI Output" if the input is coming from the intel hd 3000
March 8, 2012 10:02:48 PM

Oh just to clarify my grpahics are the onboard cpu intel hd3000 sorry for the confusion
a c 716 V Motherboard
March 8, 2012 10:18:10 PM

You don't need to manually Disable, typically the other sound output ports are Disables automatically.

If you're using the iGPU (onboard video) then the 'Intel's HDMI Output' should be listed and needs to b set as the Default sound output.

Otherwise, take a screenshot of what's listed Sound Control panel / Playback.

Q - How are you exactly connecting to the TV?

--

Now, IF you're connected to the Intel iGPU HDMI port then boot into the BIOS and change the Init PCIe from -> PEG to iGPU. After that the Intel HD should show-up in the Sound Control panel.
March 8, 2012 10:47:51 PM

Ok i am going to try a dvd to make sure i have an in sync file in the mobo i have changed the graphics from on board can not see the PEG to iGPU option my tv is a uk pal 42 inch lcs full hd tv had a laptop through vga no problem audio going to my little stero via aux .

From my own research infact read here seams like its a known fault how many others get it ? http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/the-sandy-bridge-rev...
March 8, 2012 10:56:31 PM

yep no sync problems but get this with a dvd #can see interlace problems have to say latest spec and this what i get not happy to read ivy bridge fix wdf ? z68 hd3000 can not play my mp4s over hdmi (or any connection that uses the onboards hd3000 graphics JOKE.
March 9, 2012 2:39:54 AM

OMG ho wcan this be left out in every review o f the i5 2500k intergrated graphics in#fact ANY graphics the mind boggles "What happens when you try to play 23.976 fps content on a display that refreshes itself 24.000 times per second? You get a repeated frame approximately every 40 seconds to synchronize the source frame rate with the display frame rate. That repeated frame appears to your eyes as judder in motion, particularly evident in scenes involving a panning camera."
March 9, 2012 10:14:18 AM

So shall we all just pretend that this is not an issue IF YOU BUY AN I5 2500K AND USE ITS ONBARD GRAPHICS IT CAN NOT PLAY VIDEO WITHOUT LIP SYNC ISSUE

THIS IS NOT A JOKE AND LIKE ME YOU WOULD BE THINKING NAHHHH I WOULD HAVE READ ABOUT THIS ELSEWERE WELL I NEVER !!!!!!!
a b V Motherboard
March 9, 2012 2:12:15 PM

You seriously bought a 2500K for a HTPC? That seems overkill.

Simple solution: Buy a HD5450/6450. Supports the 23.976Hz.
March 9, 2012 2:45:45 PM

One thing you might want to try is to set the input on the TV to game mode or its equivalent. The idea is to bypass any image manipulation that is being done by the TV. I had to do this to one of my HDTV's for this same issue.
a c 716 V Motherboard
March 9, 2012 3:54:38 PM

0121birmingham said:
Ok i am going to try a dvd to make sure i have an in sync file in the mobo i have changed the graphics from on board can not see the PEG to iGPU option my tv is a uk pal 42 inch lcs full hd tv had a laptop through vga no problem audio going to my little stero via aux .

Looked at your manual:
pg 68 - change to Primary Graphics Adapter -> [Onboard] ; [PCI Express] is default ; iGPU~[Onboard] and PEG~[PCI Express]; this is part of the 'North Bridge Configuration'

Let me know.
March 9, 2012 4:33:07 PM

yep did try them all will give it another go though pci express (add on cards) onboard (only works if the cpu supports it (hd 2000 or in my case hd 3000) and pci (do we use this for graphics#. Dont see agp x8 LOL good old days.

I hope the above shows i do know all the settings and thats why it bugs me that i can not sort it
!