killahbeeyall

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Hey,

I'm building a PC with the following specs:

i5 2500k
GTX560Ti (with SLI in the future)
Coolermaster Haf 912 Black Mid Tower ATX Case

To be honest, I know little to nothing about motherboards and there seems to be a tonne of options out there. I was looking at this one:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16813128502

because the price is appealing, but am I shooting myself in the foot? I don't have a clue what to look for in a motherboard but I will most likely be adopting an SLI configuration in the future and I would like to overclock.

I would like to keep it sub-$150 if possible but if you can't get a quality motherboard for less than that I will make exceptions.

Thanks for any help!

Solution
I see nothing wrong with that board. I have had (and have) Gigabyte boards. They are good boards. As with any board, there's always the chance of getting a DOA. As soon as you get it and are ready to build, first breadboard it outside of the case to be sure it will boot (to BIOS).

Choosing a board is solely up to you. Only you know which features you need/want and which ones you don't need/want to pay extra for. And you chose well by going with a board that will allow X8 X8 SLI/Xfire. Stay away from boards that have the 2nd PCIe slot running at x4.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I see nothing wrong with that board. I have had (and have) Gigabyte boards. They are good boards. As with any board, there's always the chance of getting a DOA. As soon as you get it and are ready to build, first breadboard it outside of the case to be sure it will boot (to BIOS).

Choosing a board is solely up to you. Only you know which features you need/want and which ones you don't need/want to pay extra for. And you chose well by going with a board that will allow X8 X8 SLI/Xfire. Stay away from boards that have the 2nd PCIe slot running at x4.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.