Accessing shares on another domain

G

Hello,
I want to have a number of users on my domain to access shares on another domain. Do I need to create trust between the domains first and then ask the admin on the other domain to add the same user credentials that are on my domain to their domain

G

I will have to provide usernames and passwords to the other domains admin. This doesn't seems right as they will know the passwords of my users. The other way I can think of is to copy my user's profiles and provide them. Is this correct?

riser

Illustrious
Create a two way transistive trust. Domain A will validate user from Domain B against Domain B's DC. Domain B will validate Domain A users against Domain A's DC.

You don't need to share usernames or passwords. You will need to set a group that has trusted access though, or you can set it to domain\domain users to give everyone access.

k3y3n1n

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
I will have to provide usernames and passwords to the other domains admin. This doesn't seems right as they will know the passwords of my users. The other way I can think of is to copy my user's profiles and provide them. Is this correct?

I dont know what you are asking about sharing PW, if you got a user called bob under domain A and you want him to access a share in domain B in your DC in B should have an account called bob in order for him to access that share..

You dont need to share passwords just create users that you want to access that domain and when they supply the right creds they can access it

riser

Illustrious
Well, you could do it that way. They would need to log in each time they access the resources on another domain. You don't really have a way to maintain the password settings though.

A trust would be the easier route to go.