Need pointed to the right memory I need for my laptop. Please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferls1985

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Hello tom's hardware people, my name is Jerry F and I am a noob in need of some help! As I said im a noob to the forums but In computer expertise I'd rate myself a 6.5/10 so I do need help on occassions. The question i need to ask it what memory can i install into my dell alienware m15x? To be more specific what is the fastest memory possible I can have? I can only have 8gb's max, i have two RAM slots, i can only have RAM that is 1333mhz or lower and DDR3 RAM. Can anyone help me out. I would love to be able to upgrade my memory. I currently have a windows index RAM rating of 7.2 which i know is good, but is their a RAM out their that would greatly make my laptop faster. Please help me as I am new to these forums ;) I would very much appreciate it! PS Dell's Alienware Tech would not tell me anything about any other brand I could use even though one had said i could use corsair awhile back but they tend to push Dell memory which is obvious because this guy would not even tell me my motherboard specs or the specs of my RAM i found them myself lol. Gotta love dell. I love alienware if someone could recommend something like and alienware with better techs i would gladly buy one. :pt1cable:

scottiemedic

Distinguished
Go to newegg into the memory section and filter 204 pin RAM, then 1333MHz, then 2x4GB and you'll get the best results. Look for good CAS timings. Then read the user reviews. That's what I do. Laptop brand is pretty straight forward, cause they usually don't even carry different heatsinks to appeal to people. The only differences are speed and CAS and maker.

ferls1985

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
hey thanks a lot man I really appreciate it so not to sound stupid but any 1333 megahertz ram that is 204 pin should work from newegg.com. because what you suggested is exactly what I did I just was unsure if the ram would work or not :sarcastic:

Status
Not open for further replies.