stowne1

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011

eloric

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
Wow, Cyberpower is coming close to selling real computers for reasonable prices these days. I know that it is next to blaspheme to compliment these guys, so I might just stop right here on that topic.

The heatsink is meh, but Sandybridge does not generate that much heat, so it should be adequate.

Corsair is a good choice for a PSU, but the GTX570 is a hog for power. If you want a high overclock and a second card, you are going to push the limits for a 750 Watt supply.

Interestingly enough, the original Raidmax got an acceptable review: Hardocp Power Supply Review

galeener

Distinguished
If you havn't bought it yet I would go with a corsair 850w at least if you want to add another 570 down the road.
Also do not get anything branded xtreme gear if you really want an all in one water cooler get the 570lx.
A air cooler such as hyper212+ or the frio they sell are just as good if not better.

bdbeall

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
^^ agreed, the hyper212+ is a monster.

If you plan on adding another video card later, you will need more than 750W as well

Also if you are looking to save money, you will most definetaly get a better deal from custompcandrepairs.com you should email them for a quote.

The "Water-cooling" CyberPower uses in their builds are Asetek cheapo closed loop cooling. I've seen many reviews, one specifically for their 120x2 "Xtreme" Cooling Rad, and it only performed to the level of a Hyper 212+/Mugen 2. So in my opinion you'd be better off with a Hyper 212+ or Mugen 2 instead. Asetek LC's are pretty bad, especially their stock fans.

As for the Raidmax, as eloric pointed out, I've also seen that review awhile ago, the Raidmax is a solid PSU. They've come a long way from their older Sigma branded power supplies. Granted the new 80+ Golds aren't made from Raidmax still, it'll power SLI 570's just fine.

The 16x/4x on that board you have right now is fine. From that to 8x/8x you won't see a huge difference.
We found that Nvidia’s high-flying GeForce GTX 570 suffers around 2% performance loss when using an x8 slot, while the Radeon HD 6950 gives up around 4%. While noteworthy in respect to the negative impact on system value, those losses probably wouldn’t be noticeable in actual game play.

More significant are the losses when using a x4 slot, as expected. The GeForce GTX 570’s relatively significant 9% performance loss is far exceeded by the Radeon HD 6970’s 18% loss. And this is where some builders will hit an advice snag, otherwise known as self-proclaimed experts analyzing an effect and incorrectly deducing the cause.

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/pci-express-scaling-p67-chipset-gaming-performance,2887-11.html

sleapeasy

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
In the last 9 years i have bought 3 computers. 1 from CP, built one, and custompcandrepairs was my last one. I saw good posts on here about them so i tried them. Building it myself was the mot satisfying, yet time consuming. CP was nothig but a headache with a mediocre product, and custompcandrepairs was the easiest most hassle free way. Building it yourself will be a little cheaper but not by much.