MSI Afterburenr on GTS 250

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morkintash

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
Is MSI Afterburner safe or compatible with a EVGA Geforce GTS 250 graphics card? I am wanting to increase my GPU voltage (anyone know a safe voltage) so I'll have more room to Over Clock. My GPU isn't getting enough juice to OC the core speed to 800MHz and I know a 500 wat psu will allow for that much.
Msi afterburner appears to good to be true so im a bit hesitant to try before I have other peoples suggestions.

Go ahead and use Afterburner with no fear. It will be compatible with the GTS250. Just start out with a moderate overclock, then keep adding until you start to experience problems (graphical glitches, lock-ups, or games that won't run), then back off the speed. You should be able to increase voltages, but it's hard to say what to shoot for. Again, start with moderate increases and see how high you can get. Afterburner also includes Kombustor, a stress test application that will allow you to test each setting for stability.

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing the GTS450 being all that great of an overclocker, with top clocks in the 770-800mhz range (without voltage tweaks).

Morkintash

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
Ive had a person on a different forum tell me that I cant adjust the GTS 250 voltage with software.
Is it true? How do you know if it isn't.

Ive also looked in the list of system requirements from Afterburner's read-me and it doesn't list the GTS 250 card.

It might not support voltage tweaking on your card, true.

There's only one way to find out:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/Afterburner-2.0.0-Final-download-2562.html

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.