Question about IBM T23 video specs and video memory

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
April 20, 2005 11:00:11 PM

I am thinking to purchase a used IBM T23. The model number is
2647-9MU. This model has an SXGA screen but I have no idea how much
video memory it has.

I need to run a software application on this (or some similar laptop)
and the application requires a minimum 16mb video memory. Also, the
video card must be support DirectX 7 or higher.

I cannot find the info I need on the IBM web site.

If anyone has answers to the above questions I would be grateful.

Thanks,

GT
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 20, 2005 11:41:29 PM

You might consider looking at Thinkwiki.org. It's a great site and I
did find a model or two of the T23 that had that amount of memory you
needed. As far as I know the T23 video cards supported DX 7.

Good luck.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 21, 2005 7:47:21 AM

GT wrote:
> I am thinking to purchase a used IBM T23. The model number is
> 2647-9MU. This model has an SXGA screen but I have no idea how much
> video memory it has.

You can start here:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/quickPath.do...
to find out everything there is to know about this model.

FWIW, the video card is an S3 Graphics SuperSavage, AGP 4X, 16MB SDRAM.

> I need to run a software application on this (or some similar laptop)
> and the application requires a minimum 16mb video memory. Also, the
> video card must be support DirectX 7 or higher.

It does.

Do yourself a favor and swap out the 48GB 5400RPM HD that's in the unit now
for a 7200RPM HD such as the Hitachi 7K60. You'll be glad you did.

Regards,

James
!