Solved

AM2+ Processor

will an AM2+ processor generally work on an AM2 mobo?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about processor
  1. Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

What mobo and what CPU?
  2. Generally yes, but your mileage will vary. Please list the exact mobo and CPU model.
  3. Depends on the motherboard. Your motherboard will need BIOS support for AM2+ CPUs and you also have to consider power limitations. A board designed for 95W CPUs will generally not properly support 125W CPUs
  4. my mobo is a jetway m26gt3-svp
    i was thinking of getting the athlon x2 7750 black edition
    could you guys suggest a particular dual core processor for this mobo that would work great with it?
    i was thinking it that if upgrading would cost me a lot more then i would opt for buying or assembling another pc altogether. what do you think?
  5. Best answer
    ugh, Jetway. Looking at that boards product page the BIOS hasn't been updated since 08. Also, their CPU support page is a pain in the butt. Anyway, a 7750 will not work in that board

http://www.jetway.com.tw/jw/support_motherboard.asp?supportid=262&socket=AM2

You should be able to use a Windsor 6000+ though but that's about it. If you want something more modern it's best to look at building a new system. If you currently have a lower clocked dual core you may want to consider overclocking it for now to extend the usefulness of your system.
  6. With the current prices of the new CPUs, invest in a old AM2 CPU isn't an smart move.
  7. Best answer selected by khel04.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Processors Product