Alternative for Gigabyte GA P55 UD3L

banerossa

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Hi everybody,

i bought Gigabyte GA P55 UD3L one year ago. Two months ago i had issues with MB.
I took it to the shop where i bought it and than I was told that there are problems with socket 1156 and the best thing is to take MB with socket 1155.
The only problem is that the new MB need to be in the price range as a my old MB.

The other thing is my CPU:
Intel i5 750 or 760 (can't remember)
I need alternative for this too because of the new socket.

Best

banerossa

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
I know about this website.
I wanted to buy a Gigabyte MB.
I understood that problem with my MB (socket 1156) is because it have additional pins or something like that.
I was wondering is there any kind of similar problems on Gigabyte MB with socket 1155. And which boards to avoid.

banerossa

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
I am sorry, maybe you didn't understand me correctly.
There is definitively problem with my MB.

The guys from the service told me that there are general problems with this socket and they suggested me to replace the board with the new one with 1155 socket.
Also there are very little (or there is not) boards with socket 1156 to buy.
Maybe the reason is because they are really not good.
BTW: I am aware that with new socket I should buy new CPU.

Because a lot of bad thing happened like the shop where I bought my computer was closed after one year, the service is giving me limited options.
Such as to replace my current board with a new one, but I have to pick one that has a price similar to mine board.

I was really someone who believed in quality of Gigabyte MB but after all of this and after reading some bad comments I am really not sure that I should take another Gigabyte MB. Maybe I'am wrong.

After looking the website of service I found some boards they are offering.
So let's limit my options to this:

Gigabyte:
GA-P67-DS3-B3

GA-PH67-DS3-B3 rev. 1.0

maybe
GA-Z68P-DS3

Assus:
P8H61-M

maybe
P8H67
and
P8Z68-V LX

So since I am not a computer expert I would like to here your opinions about these suggestions.

Thank you very much :)

vin20

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012

Sorry, i didn't know that you were willing to buy a new processor too and i don't know how to say this but 1156 sockets are not bad, just a wee bit outdated when compared to 1155 sockets.

The GA-P67-DS3-B3 is of P67 chipset, P67 chipsets offer GPU, CPU and RAM overclocking where as P8H61-M has PCI 2.0 slots. So if you don't overclock i'd recommend you to buy the P8H61-M and ASUS has many service centers located all over.

banerossa

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
I think it's gonna be GA-P67-DS3-B3.
I still don't know what CPU to take for that MB.
If you have any good suggestion that would be cool.

Thanks