Questions about my PC's preformance.

BringingChaos

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
I've had this build for a year or so now, but have been too busy to have time to play around with it. Lately with more free time I've been trying to do some PC gaming as I intended to when I built it.
I feel like something isn't right with the performance based on my hardware specs. Before I get to into it, I'd like to post the results from 3DMark06 and hear some opinions. If further reports from other software are needed I'd be happy to post them.
http://3dmark.com/3dm06/15590803

I know my RAM could use an upgrade, but I wouldn't think it would impact my performance so badly. But I am trying to get some extra money together to get 2GB of 800mhz Corsair to replace the 4 sticks I have in there now.

Also I should mention, I just upgraded to Win7 x64 about a week ago. After doing this performance in my game Borderlands was significantly increased. It then ran better on high video settings than it did on low running 32 bit XP. Unfortunately with my game Dragon Age it didn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks for your time.

eloric

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
You are pretty close to minimum CPU and memory for Dragon Age: Dragon Age: Origins - System Requirements

Yes, you need to get the memory - 4GB would be better than two for an upgrade if you can afford it.

Also, what motherboard do you have, and do you know if you can you adjust the bios to overclock? Your chip is highly overclockable, and although it will never perform like a quad core, you can increase the performance. Consider installing a heat sink, and rev it up: Scythe SCMG-2100 for $43. The nice thing about this cooler is that it is cheap, effective, and probably will carry forward to your next build. Need to make sure your case is big enough.

There are lots of guides to make sure you do it right and avoid problems.

TRENDING THREADS