Computer upgrades

tomyboi62

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
Hello all! No other forum can even hold a candle to this site...hands down, bar none the most legit top notch forum there is...its f&%^&!@ awesome! haha...anyways...My computer is mostly about 2 years old, and im looking to upgrade...ill list what i have and any ideas / suggestions on what i could do to upgrade my desktop would be more than appreciated! My rig so far: (dont laugh)...Windows 7 / Cooler Master HAF 912 case / i5-760 2.8 stock 3.33ghz overclocked / Intel DP55KG mobo / 2x MSI geforce gtx 550ti in SLI / WD 74gb velociraptor boot drive / 2x Samsung HD502HJ H.D.D. (500GB EA.) IN RAID 0 / Patriot Sector 5 G series (2x4) 1333mhz DDR3 RAM / Xion 800watt PSU / Cooler Master Hper 212 plus w/ two fans in push-pull / Samsung Blu Ray drive / with all cooler master case fans.
I was thinking adding double the memory w/ two more sector 5's to equal a total of 16gb in my dual channel memory slots (im only populating two dimms w/ two open) and possibly a higher end i7, or should i concventrate on my gpu's maybe and loose the 550's and get a couple 470's or 560's or even XFX 6870's in crossfire...new mobo? throw the whole thing in the trash? donate it to good will? any feed back would sertiously make my day! and THANK YOU ahead of time , much LOVE!

Oh and i know some people dont like this but just incase my WEI scores are: CPU 7.3 - RAM 7.4 - GRAPHICS 7.8 - GAM. GRAPHICS 7.8 - PRIMARY H.D. 5.9

can someone...anyone....please help me out here just a few suggestions....please, thx a million in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your glowing evaluation of Tom's Hardware Forum!

The system that you have now is a great system. My system is based around an i7-920 CPU and I plan on keeping it for at least another two years. My WEI scores are identical to the numbers you have.

That said, stay with what you have for some time; unless your money is burning a hole in your pocket!