Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Pc display settings

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 29, 2011 6:15:46 AM

I tried to extend my desktop to my tv through an s video cable but the fox conn loading screen and the starting windows for win7 were the only things that showed up on my tv.Anybody know whats going on?

More about : display settings

a b U Graphics card
January 29, 2011 10:31:50 AM

bigdog4215 said:
I tried to extend my desktop to my tv through an s video cable but the fox conn loading screen and the starting windows for win7 were the only things that showed up on my tv.Anybody know whats going on?

You probably need to configure this in windows. Windows has to tell the Video card what to do, otherwise it just assumes. Depending on your windows version, how to do this can vary slightly, but generally, right clicking on your desktop and clicking either "Properties" or "Screen Resolution" will you get you to the settings. Once plugged in, windows SHOULD see the TV (it may display as a second moniter), which you can right click and enable. With S-video you won't get very good quality, however. Nice for watching movies, though. :) 
Score
January 29, 2011 5:17:26 PM

This is what I did and the 1st post is my result
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
January 29, 2011 6:07:47 PM

The next thing I would recommend then, is installing the latest drivers for the card, if you haven't. If you HAVE, then I'd check the manufacturer's website which may have specialty drivers for the card that will add support for certain features. MOST manufacturer's don't stray too far the from the card designers original design, but occasionally, they'll make some changes that make the core-driver set from the card designer not ideal. This is rare, and I haven't seen any examples of this since Nvidia's 6 series was still new, but it might be your issue. I had a Geforce 4400 that suffered from this issue and it's ViVo features wouldn't work on Nvidia's with some Builds, but always worked on Asus's modified drivers.

Hope this helps.
a b U Graphics card
January 29, 2011 6:09:06 PM

P.S. It would also help if we knew what video card you were running (or laptop, if this isn't a desktop)
Score
February 6, 2011 3:21:58 AM

The next day for some reason it worked when I started it up.I restarted it the night I tried it and it didn't work.
Score
February 13, 2011 5:48:11 AM

Best answer selected by bigdog4215.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 13, 2011 8:47:35 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!