Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Antec 300 Audio Distortion

jryan388

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
Recently I've started using the front 3.5mm audio jack on my antec 300, with a gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 inside, but for some reason I'm getting short intermittent buzzes. It works, and if it's loud enough I don't notice. One really weird thing is that they coincide directly to events in the OS. When I click a button, switch windows/resize a window, I get a quiet fuzz.

I ran Prime95 and could distinctly hear the fuzz come on. When i stopped the test, the fuzz stopped.
I ran the v8 benchmark and even though the cpu was always maxed (one core), the first stage gave me more of a high-pitched whine while the rest more of a prime95-like fuzz.

I plugged it into the port directly on the mobo in the io panel and the fuzz was gone. For some reason, the front port on the case is louder than the rear port as well.
There is no discernable difference in audio quality other than the fuzz.

jranger

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
try running a shielded line from the mobo header to the case header, at the very least make sure you are running across power connector wires... the most leanient solution would be to either buy a sheilded cable or sheild it yourself using a mesh wrap along the lenght of the cable and grounding it on the case at the case end of the cable

TRENDING THREADS