Best place to start here. I will allow JP to move mo or someone else.

Question is:

Does Intel offer personal tours? What can they show? How does one go about a tour? This is for any ares in the USA.

sonoran

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2002
Are you in school? High school or college? Any classes relevant to science and engineering? Are you even near an Intel FAB?

I seriously doubt they do personal tours (imagine how much time and personnel that would take up). But...if you're in school and could get a classroom interested in a tour, they might well entertain that idea. Just be aware the tour would probably be something of a letdown - most likely just looking at FAB equipment through an observation window. No way they're taking a tour group inside the clean room. I've only been inside twice in about 10 years.

* Not speaking for Intel Corp *

Hmmm...

The school I am at won't even want to tour a video game company...let alone a high-tech semiconductor company that makes their lives much easier.

orangegator

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2007
Your best bet for getting a tour of an Intel Fab facility is via a job interview. I went on two interviews for Intel's Fab 32 and a tour is part of the process. It's interesting. All clean rooms are viewed through windows. I wouldn't make a special trip there just to see it. Based on the security measures and other precautions, I highly doubt they give Fab tours to the public.

christop

Distinguished
we have Intel here in Columbia SC and I had an idea to check if they did tours. I haven't done it yet but will call tomorrow and get back to you on what they said. I hope they do cause it fascinate me to no end on the process of making chips. I wouldn't mind being the cleaning person at the local Intel just so I can be around super cool stuff all the time. I don't have an engineering degree but have a+ net+ so far but with out a college education I won't get any interviews.