Sort of a temperature problem.

Butter Barer

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
Hi, my name is Robert. I'm new to your forum and I've come because the almighty Google has failed me. The problem basically is that my CPU is overheating and it automatically reboots my PC. The cause of the problem is that it tries to run many of my programs on ONE of my coprocessors. I have an AMD Athlon X4 630 2.8Ghz. I run on w7 Pro and I have a stock CPU cooler, which is only part of the problem. I have used the task-manager to set the affinity to all coprocessors. It still runs it on the one. I'm not sure how it chooses which one it runs on. Usually it's either the fourth or the first. I'm using a tool called 'Core Temp Gadget v2.6 by ALCPU.com' to notice this. I've got expertise in this area so don't spare me the techno-babble. Thank you for the use of your forum. Have a wonderful day!

popatim

Titan
Run MSCONFIG and on the boot tab, click the Advanced Optioons button. If Number of processors is checked off try unchecking it and reboot.

How much runs on what or how many cores depends on the software running, whether its muti-threaded or not. What software are you running?

Butter Barer

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
I'm running all sorts of things, sometimes I'm running Eve, Borderlands, and RIFT all at the same time. Primarily this small game called Terraria is giving me the most trouble, thanks for the fast reply.