Upgrade, 560TI or .....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipinhot2

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: [Next 2/3 months] BUDGET RANGE: AUD $250/$300]

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: [Used for heavy gaming, Lol, FC2, Oblivion, SC2, Crysis, High detail/demanding etc.]

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: [EVGA9800GTX+SC / PowerColor Pro 650W]

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: [Over the Next two months Intel I5 2500k / ASUS P8P67 / 6GB DDR3 1600]

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: [Not Sure, I live in Australia]

PARTS PREFERENCES: [I have done some research and have been told the 560TI is a great card, But not much else about its competitors.]

OVERCLOCKING: Only what the card provides.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: [1920x1080]

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: [What are the cards around the Nvidia 560TI that boast the same performance if not a bit better or worse. Will the price drop soon? As Nvidia always puts massive prices on seemingly dismal cards. And if a card is found please advise me of what brand or distributor it is. eg: XFX, Gigabyte, PowerColor]

Thank You!

Solution
Currently the prices are starting to fall for AMD's 69xx series and 68xx series cards because of the gtx560.It is in your favor that you can't purchase right now.I would reccomend waiting to buy your GPU when you get your CPU.Prices will thin out much more for AMD's cards.Usually a new card that just comes on the market will have the same price from every company for about 2 weeks.Then you should start to see better deals and MIR's.
If you looking to max out your games the 6950 would be the way to go_Or the 560.Both perform in the same area but currently the 560 is $50 cheaper.
What is your tolerable limit for FPS?(minimum smoothness)

Dominaz1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
It looks like is a good option, here you can see its perfomance.

But maybe you should wait some time, in my opinion your 9800 gtx is a really good card that can handle any game...

nvidia-gtx-560-ti-3dmark_vantage.png

Currently the prices are starting to fall for AMD's 69xx series and 68xx series cards because of the gtx560.It is in your favor that you can't purchase right now.I would reccomend waiting to buy your GPU when you get your CPU.Prices will thin out much more for AMD's cards.Usually a new card that just comes on the market will have the same price from every company for about 2 weeks.Then you should start to see better deals and MIR's.
If you looking to max out your games the 6950 would be the way to go_Or the 560.Both perform in the same area but currently the 560 is $50 cheaper.
What is your tolerable limit for FPS?(minimum smoothness)

Solution

atom1202

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
these are some good sites for australia
http://pccasegear.com/
http://www.msy.com.au/
on the westcoast
http://www.vtechindustries.com.au/

i just bought a gigabyte o/c gtx560 Ti, but maybe wait untill it gets closer to buying your build.

mirrion

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
As a side note, I know everyone here's pretty ATI-friendly, but the 470 GTX is comparable in speed and price, though a little more power hungry.

I would recommend setting up a list of good cards in your price range, doing a little google homework and seeing which ones perform best for the games you play then deciding. I would also wait a couple of weeks and see how ATI swings back at NVidia to see if they offer a game-breaking price drop to their cards on that list.

If yor mimimum FPS is 45(thats ok mine is 60 lol)then going with a 6870 or a gtx560 would be good.The 560 is stronger than the 6870 so you will see higher fps with it.But like i said b4 i would wait to buy your GPU when you get your computer together which would be in like 2 months or so.

pipinhot2

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009

Haha i wanted to say 60, But i didnt want to sound like a scrub :)

righto i will wait. and untill ATI does a change for the better the 560 is my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.