Virgo immunity failed - everywhere :/

I thought Virgo's minefield immunity is not "device", but it still
failed in my Virgos this turn. I'm myself UA, but it worked fine
earlier. In my two fleets, I had Virgo with HG and fighter wings, and
both fleets collided with barbitics. No message about immunity this
turn in any of four fleets that got Virgos. Earlier I managed to get
through minefields, this turn EVERY VIRGO lost its immunity. Even
Virgos themselves hit minefields when equipped with HG and fighters...
:/

Is immunity like device that can fail in alien hands? But even if it
is, how can it fail in every virgo I own same turn?
16 answers Last reply
More about virgo immunity failed

    Hmm, have you checked the host version?
    Perhaps this is an undocumented change in the latest host.

    Jochen

    oh dear hope not.

    I'm playing at Drew's so it is probably latest host.

    The wings started the turn docked, correct? This is not a device and
    from what I've read is only checked at the beginning of the turn.

    Magik

    Maybe Tim changed this hablity in host 194, to work only for Colonie
    owned Virgo.

    I play at Drew and last turn was using latest host 194.

    Lord Lancelot

    Wings were in all the time. Untill last turn every ship escorting them
    got message about immunity. Also I did not hit any mines earlier.

    I mean last turn I got the message about immunity, but it was gone this
    turn:)

    So there is new host that is not announced here? Damn... that explains
    a lot... I check vgap4 site for new hosts, not that much places where I
    play games.

    It seems that I had to go www.planets4.com instead of vgaplanets.com to
    see new host on front page...:P
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    widal@hotmail.com wrote:
    > It seems that I had to go www.planets4.com instead of vgaplanets.com to
    > see new host on front page...:P

    Read the previous posts before this.. Tim has stated that he cant
    update the old website and has moved already.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    widal@hotmail.com wrote:
    > It seems that I had to go www.planets4.com instead of vgaplanets.com to
    > see new host on front page...:P

    Read the previous posts before this.. Tim has stated that he cant
    update the old website and has moved already.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    I had read previously that alien hulls are not protected by the Virgo
    immunity. Maybe that was a message of impending doom. It looks like
    the code that is posted on the Minefields page of the PlanetsWiki
    demonstrates that only the Virgo owner's ships are protected and it is
    calculated every time the chances of hitting a minefield are calculated
    instead of once at the beginning of the turn.

    Ah well, sorry to hear about your loss. It's all a part of playing the
    beta code though. If there wasn't a good reason for this change then
    I'm sure there would be more of an uproar, but this seems like a
    reasonable change.

    Magik
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Infact, I don't mind. I lost only 10% of my ships, BUT my enemies
    cannot use Virgos to surprise attacks behind my lines anymore (borg):)
    It is better this way. I generate those 100+ ships back in couple turns
    anyway.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    As it was posted here by Tim...
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Confirmed:!
    I just ran a sim with 4 races (Bot, CoM, Priv and Liz), each running
    with a Virgo and a race typical ships over 4 enemy web mines:

    Only the CoM Virgo gave MF immunity. All others (yes, including the
    privs who are normally really good with alien hulls) hit the mines with
    both ships!

    Thanks, Tim for yet another undocumented host change! :-(((
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    @ Tim: May it be possible to add that post release to the change history?
    That would be great and only need a line. So you have at least a chance to
    find it if you wonder next time what the hell is happen.

    Greetings
    Sebastian

    "Sparrow" <e.kueper@gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Confirmed:!
    > I just ran a sim with 4 races (Bot, CoM, Priv and Liz), each running
    > with a Virgo and a race typical ships over 4 enemy web mines:
    >
    > Only the CoM Virgo gave MF immunity. All others (yes, including the
    > privs who are normally really good with alien hulls) hit the mines with
    > both ships!
    >
    > Thanks, Tim for yet another undocumented host change! :-(((

Games Devices Video Games