Is possible 3 monitors in XP with 5770 Flex

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunbeamtalbot

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Am running Windows XP SP2

Will NOT be upgrading to Win 7

Will the Sapphire 5770 Flex card allow me to run 3 monitors, NOT in eyefinity span mode, but in the windows extended desktop mode.

The 5770 Flex has 4 outputs that appear to be separate IE 2 x DVI, 1 x HDMI and 1 x DP. As I understand the HDMI is powered separately and not cojoined with a DVI output.

Thanks

tomate2

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
i dont see a problem on running three monitors on that card...
i have a 5770 and two monitors hooked up on extended desktop mode
just make sure one of the three monitors is connected to the display port or it wont work

sunbeamtalbot

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
From a review

"..HDMI to DVI adapter that you can use to connect THREE DVI monitors to this card - one to each DVI port and one more to the HDMI connection with the included adapter. All three of these will be able to run at the same time thanks to the "Flex" technology without requiring any active DP adapters. This is all made possible by a unique chip on the Sapphire Flex card - the Analogix ANX9830. What does this chip do? Well, very simply, in converts a signal from DisplayPort to HDMI/DVI........"

But it is not clear that this will work in XP in an extended desktop mode which I currently have. The 3 monitors work by way of a 5670 and inbuilt 4250 on the motherboard. The problem is some progs, particularly word, will open off screen if I have the centre set as primary. My display shows 4 monitors but for some reason the displays are the 5670 is 1 and 4 and the 4250 is 2 and 3.

I really would prefer a one card solution

jockey

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Yes. that will work. If you don't have a monitor with HDMI, I'd go for one of the ~$25 DP to DVI adapters for the third. You can set up monitor modes in CCC displays with a right click on displays.

sunbeamtalbot

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011

Thanks it seems logical that it should work. I already have an HDMI to DVI cable so will probably use that first.

sunbeamtalbot

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
I have just installed the 5570 Flex and I am unable to get it to feed the 3 monitors in XP in extended desktop mode.

On booting up the Dell logo appears but then when the OS kicks in the monitor goes into sleep mode. It is not detected in CCC. I have tried all combinations I can think of, Onboard graphics on/off, various adapters from the HDMI and switching cables all with same result. So I have had to enable the onboard graphics to get the 3rd monitor to work in extended desktop mode

dax trajero

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012
FYI

Just set up XP with 3 screens, using a single Radeon HD 5570 graphics card and the integrated graphics on the motherboard (Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2)

Radeon sockets used were HDMI, DVI (Display Port socket unused)
Integrated graphics socket was VGA

Just thought I'd mention that, in case anyone is in a predicament.

Status
Not open for further replies.