Rate this amd build thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

megagabobe1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
sup guys, a friend that knows very little about computer asked me to build him an amd build, this is what i came up so far. purchase date is as soon as you rate his build, i prefer newegg, im not from the united states. budget is around $600-$700.

Antec three hundred illusion $70 (he said he wanted a case that was cool and that was not too "decorated")

Samsung spinpoint f3 1tb

g skill ripjaws 2x2gb ddr3 1600ghz 9-9-9-21 timing i think

Asus crosshair IV formula (we were interested in this one due to the sound card and that we know he is getting a top quality product)

AMD Phenom II X6 1090t black edition

Dvd Burner is a liteon or something like that

he already has a psu and a gpu, a corsair tx650w, and a hd 5850

he might to crossfire in the future, he will sell the hd 5850 and buy a 6970. I think his psu is enough since he will not overclock the cpu.

thx, any comment will be appreciated

Solution
Build is good.
Case is fine.
I would recommend Western Digital Caviar Blue or Black instead of the Spinpoint.
RAM is fine.
Motherboard is awesome.
6 cores is sometimes unnecessary.
DVD burner is fine.
His PSU and GPU are great.
What about a Heatsink?

JoeAdamsIV

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
Build is good.
Case is fine.
I would recommend Western Digital Caviar Blue or Black instead of the Spinpoint.
RAM is fine.
Motherboard is awesome.
6 cores is sometimes unnecessary.
DVD burner is fine.
His PSU and GPU are great.
What about a Heatsink?

Solution
D

Deleted member 217926

I have no idea why anyone is hating on the Spinpoint F3. It has been the best "bang for your buck" drive for quite a while now. It is as fast or faster than any WD Black depending on the benchmark and quiet and reliable to boot. Anyone recommending a WD Blue or storage level drive over the Spinpoint that competes with the Blacks is doing so in ignorance. :pfff:

The rest of the build looks great. The PSU is fine for any single GPU configuration.

D

Deleted member 217926

Look at some benchmarks. The WD Blacks are their performance line. Blues are storage drives. Spinpoints compete with Blacks.

megagabobe1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010

i told him to change to a cooler master storm scout for the case(so he could see the interior), he wanted 6 core for future proof and to be able to do a lot of stuff at the same time, if the dvd burner is just fine which one would u recommend? and which heat sink will u recommend??

THX for answer bro!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.