Sign in with
Your question

My System Still Won't Work

Last response: in Systems
April 3, 2011 10:48:57 PM

This is an update to the thread: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/307335-31-round-compu...

I have my new mobo and after breadboarding it still won't work. The boot LED still lights up and stays on with no POST.

My chassis doesnt have a built in speaker, so how do I hear the warning beeps without buying a new tower chassis?

More about : system work

April 3, 2011 11:32:24 PM

Is the CPU in the socket correctly?
Are the front panel connectors installed correctly? (- in the - slot, vice versa).
Does any signal come out of the GPU?
Is your PSU modular? Make sure every cable is connected.
Did you install the motherboard with standoffs underneath?
April 3, 2011 11:48:14 PM

Its more likely than not either the PSU or Mem module(s) are faulty...make sure your 12v line and all other connectors are properly seated. Make sure that your RTC jumper is on pins 1 and 2....your local computer repair store will have a spare MOBO speaker they can hook you up with...
Related resources
April 4, 2011 3:53:12 PM

lowjack989 said:
Its more likely than not either the PSU or Mem module(s) are faulty...make sure your 12v line and all other connectors are properly seated. Make sure that your RTC jumper is on pins 1 and 2....your local computer repair store will have a spare MOBO speaker they can hook you up with...

I'm getting the sinking feeling that it is my PSU since apparently it's one of the more common causes AND when I turn on the system sometimes it starts, turns off by itself, then restarts. I know, not very technical troubleshooting on my part. I really didnt want to GeekSquad my system, but if I cant find a spare PSU to test my hypothesis I may be taking it to some local shop. Bah, such a copout...
a b B Homebuilt system
April 4, 2011 4:00:00 PM

There's a link in my signature that was created to troubleshoot problems exactly like this. It will help you identify the cause of the problem if you perform EVERY step in the checklist.
!