Asus p8z68-v: Mouse will not work under MS DOS

rglester

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
I have an Asus p8z68-V and cannnot get the mouse to work under MSDOS, regardless of the BIOS USB legacy OS setting.

Is this problem normal. Can anyone who has managed to get a USB mouse to work under MSDOS with this motherboard please reply. Asus have indicated it will not work under DOS and said it is normal and will not approve an RMA.

Thanking anyone in advance

Solution

i am sure it is, ASUS p8z68-V , it is not PRO and not LE not LX, just -V...

i didn't updated bios or anything, but i also am not using MSDOS. i was with mouse/keyboard problems at the initialization screen and for formatting windows. so i just was checking if you have tried the USB 3.0 ports and/or another mouse those cheap ones...

after i plugged it on usb 3.0 doors no more problems were showed.

i would sugest installing windows 7/8 maybe this is a related windows XP problem.

rglester

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012

I am running Acronis DiskDirector and Boot Magic. This allows me to keep my main partitions of windows XP Pro healthy by rejuvenating them from time to time. (Sorry about delay in replying)

rglester

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012

When I run this app I have it set up to run from a bootable USB stick using DOS and also the option of a HDD also under DOS.
The mouse works fine when run from an earlier ASUS P5WDH Deluxe using legacy mode. But does not work under my P8z68V.

rglester

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
Maybea misubderstnadingi n my previuos rsponse. I have used the identical software set up on my previous MB P5WDH and the USB mouse works fine under that MB. It does not work under the P8z68 on any of the USB ports.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
i've had this same problem with my razer abyssus mouse/keyboard, it only worked after connecting mouse + keyboard to a USB 3.0 i've tested everything nothing worked, with an old mouse it was working perfectly, but with razer combo nothing was working, it started to work only when inserted at 3.0 usb, why? no idea.

i have the same MOBO than you, so it can be the same problem try the usb 3.0 ports, if it does not work try an older mouse, i just plugged in the 3.0 and never had problems with that again.

rglester

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012

When you say driver issue I assume you mean something other than a DOS mouse driver. I've tried about 8 dos mouse drivers and none of them worked.

rglester

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012

Can you reconfim that your mB is an ASUS P8z68- v, and not another of the variants please

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

i am sure it is, ASUS p8z68-V , it is not PRO and not LE not LX, just -V...

i didn't updated bios or anything, but i also am not using MSDOS. i was with mouse/keyboard problems at the initialization screen and for formatting windows. so i just was checking if you have tried the USB 3.0 ports and/or another mouse those cheap ones...

after i plugged it on usb 3.0 doors no more problems were showed.

i would sugest installing windows 7/8 maybe this is a related windows XP problem.

Solution

rglester

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
Thank you all for yourr responses.

It would appear that none has replied who has got an Asus P8z68 - V (not pro not LE not LX) and has also been able to get a USB mouse to work under DOS.
(not XP not Windows 7, not Vista)

If there is anyone who has been able to replicate or disprove my problem, please let me know. I have tried everything suggested in this thread and much more, so it looks like either a manufacturing fault or more likely a design fault.

Regards Many Thanks.

rglester

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012

Standard logitech 3 button + wheel mouse. I have tried others. See lat post. Thanks for all your help.

rglester

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
Dear Ricardois,

My Pc and mouse work fine under windows XP. Could you do me a favour and run your pc from MSDOS and enter the edit utility. I cannot get the mouse to work under MSDOS.