OS - Windows 7 Ultimate
Case - Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX
MB - ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX
CPU - AMD Phenom II 965 Black Edition 3.4Ghz
PSU - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
RAM - G-Skill Ripjaw Series 4GB DDR3 1600 x4 ~16GB~
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200 1.5TB
GPU - XFX Radeon HD 4850

Hello I recently purchased 2x 120mm Rosewill Blue Led Case Fans to fill in the remaining 2 slots in my Rosewill Challenger ATX Case, these fans look cool and all but they are quite loud. I was wondering is there any simple programs out there that will just let me turn the speed of my fans down? I downloaded a program called SpeedFan but I can not figure out how to change the rpms on my fan nor do I know which fan is what.

My MB has 4 Fan connectors, CPU_FAN, PWR_FAN, CHA_FAN1 and CHA_FAN2, for what ever reason my MB/Bios only controlls the fans plugged into CPU_FAN and CHA_FAN1. The Fans I want to control are plugged into CHA_FAN2 and PWR_FAN.

If I have to I will by a Fan Controller Panel but I'd rather not spend the money if I can just download a program that has the same effect.

One more related question, I want to give the people at Rosewill the benifit of the doubt on case fan installation however I always thought a PC should only have 1 exaust fan, which is located in the rear. However my case came with an exhaust fan on the top aswell, is this normal or did someone just install it backwards when they build the case?

Just as a reference here is how my case fans are set up:
Rear - 1x 120mm > Air Out
Top - 1x 120mm > Air Out
Front - 1x 120mm > Air In
Side - 2x 120mm > Air In (the noisey ones xD)
Is this an optimal set up?

April 4, 2011 3:49:23 AM

Speedfan. Only the front, and side should ever be intake. Back and top should be exhaust. I would only recommend the sides being intake if your GPU needs alot of air.

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
April 4, 2011 4:32:25 AM

I might be wrong, but I have used speed fan for a while now and I do not think it will control non PVM fans, or 3 pin fans like the case fans you have recently purchased. I believe you will need to buy a fan controller. CPU fans are 4 pin PVM fans and that 4th pin allows the MB to control the speed through MB and other programs.
It is becoming more common to have a top exaust fan.
April 15, 2011 3:39:45 AM

Best answer selected by Travis4261.
!