Good all-in-one DT computer for all purpose

atmadaenygma

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
Hello, i live in ecuador, and like to keep all my thing small and compact also well closed.

and i have an Imac and i love it, starcraft 2 runs very well on it.

however i like to have a 1 pc and 1 mac at all times for my work (mac) and gaming (pc). I had a real nice cyperpower pc but i want to sell it now. and get a desktop in its place.

i know an all-n-one is not a gamers computer, but i am tired of having a bulky case and monitor. plus, i need something that every-once-in-a-while may need to use as a makeshift laptop for a client presentation

question:
1. is there a good `all-in-one desktop pc that can handle moderate gaming?

or do i have to get a regular desktop and a monitor which is burdensome or another laptop which is a smaller monitor and etc problems?

thank you.

Your looking at something like an HTPC.

I strongly suggest waiting a few months for Bulldozer/Llano. Llano (AMD CPU w/ integrated APU, that's graphics on the die) would be your best bet. A quad core Llano would be sweet, the graphics look to be enough to handle SC2 just fine.

Here is an idea of the graphics:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/AMD-llano-husky-apu-radeon,12413.html

If it really is a 6550 on the die in the higher models of Llano, you should expect somewhere between the 5670 and 5570's performance. Just my idea, that's actually pretty powerful.