M2N-SLI Deluxe Audio issue - Barely audible mic

Sabin2k

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2010
Hi guys, so after days of pouring over threads and trying different things I figure I might be able to get some help by posting my own thread. I know this is a common issue but NOTHING I have found has fixed it.

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 32bit. Currently on a M2N-SLi Deluxe and AMD Phenom 9850 and for the life of me I can't get anywhere with my mic. It detects input, but it is BARELY audible. I have downloaded and tried both Realtek drivers, along with a handful of Soundmax drivers (pretty sure it's a soundmax card). I'm out of ideas.

If anyone has any suggestions to try or if you need more information please let me know. I'm dying without VOIP in my games.

Thanks!

Sabin2k

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2010
Well, I was unable to install the actual Asussetup.exe as it said my OS was the wrong version. Installed just the "setup.exe" and it installed fine but after a restart it still has the same issue.

I also don't have the realtek panel at all.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
your board use soundmax system for audio so you need the driver for them ,after look in user manual from section 2.7 from page 2.21 to 2.30 to see if you put the right connector for the front panel of case in audio.then go to section 4.47 page 4.29 for bios settings of onboard audio,if you want to try the back connector for microphone use the pink one