Sign in with
Your question

New computer doesnt post with 2 graphics cards. (No beeps)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
January 30, 2011 8:16:06 PM

Okay, so yesterday I finished assembling my new computer. I tried starting it, fans started spinning, but my motherboard & case light started blinking. So I quickly turned it off, and tried starting it again.. And the same thing happened, fans spinned, but everything was blinking. So I disconnected everything, trying to figure out the problem. When I took out one of the graphics cards, (The one in the 8x slot) and left the other in the 16x slot it booted just fine. So I tried putting connecting both cards again, but this time without the sli bridge. And it booted! But only recognized the 16x graphics card. So, getting tired, I tried putting the sli bridge back on, and it booted. And this time, it recognized both cards. So I quickly installed the drivers from nvidia's site, and enabled sli. I turned it off, and tried starting it again. Now my motherboard and case light started blinking again! So, the whole night I tried to figure out it why it didnt work.. And I couldnt. So I went to sleep, woke up, turned it on, and it didnt boot again. So I tried to reset cmos, and it worked. But gave me a post error. So basically, it wont turn on sometimes, but other times it boots just fine. And this only happens when I've connected the second graphics card, it's working just fine with one graphics card. What could cause this? I've tried connecting the graphics directly to the PSU, but also tried using the molex that came with the graphics cards. And it doesnt help. Heres my PC Specs:

2x GTX 570 (One is Zotac, other is MSI)
Gigabyte P67a-ud5 (Supports both crossfire and sli)
Intel Core i7 2600K
Corsair Vengeance CL9 8gb Dual channel ram
Corsair TX 950w non modular PSU
Western Digital Caviar 1.5tb HDD

I hope you can help me.

P.S If I forgot any information, please say so.
a b U Graphics card
January 30, 2011 8:57:13 PM

Have you tried both cards at seperate times?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
January 31, 2011 12:24:49 AM

plznote said:
Have you tried both cards at seperate times?

Yes, I have switched them several times, and they both work fine in the 16x slot. ยจ

Now I'm also having another problem. Now Windows does not detect my second graphics card at all. And also, the Maximize 3D performance, and enable sli is gone from nvidia control panel. I tried to reinstall the drivers, but it it's still not working. :S
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
January 31, 2011 2:42:28 AM

bump :( 
a b U Graphics card
January 31, 2011 2:48:13 AM

Have you tried another SLI bridge? Maybe that one is faulty....
I understand you PSU is brand-name but it may have problems..
Does it EVER crash with 1 card?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
January 31, 2011 3:31:45 AM

plznote said:
Have you tried another SLI bridge? Maybe that one is faulty....
I understand you PSU is brand-name but it may have problems..
Does it EVER crash with 1 card?

Nope, unfortunately I don't have another SLI bridge lying around. It works fine with 1 card, no crashes, no blinking, no grinding noise, no post errors. I just can't figure out the problem, I've tried everything..
!