Weird high temperatures

denizg6

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Hi guys , My cpu is at high tempertaures like never before, it's very intresting..

I will provide all the details , so if you guys can help me please do

I was installing cold cadhode lights on my case and when I did I received two alerts from my mobo like never before

1.Something in the lines of: Motherboard intruded , system halted

2.CPU Over voltaged

So without risking some lightning for my case for my systems stability I removed the lights.

My first error about system halted was gone , yet my cpu over voltaged error was still there. I checked my temps and they were 50C on idle. ( I get 27C on idle)

So I under clocked my cpu from 4ghz to 3.7 and put the core voltage to 1.25 from 1.65 my current temp as we speak is 42C

What is causing this problem?

For over 2 years I have been running the same setup at 4ghz with idle 27C to 30C(When Hot) and my temps never went over 65C on CPU benchmarks...

Some people probably saw "thanks for the help guys" and thought the problem was fixed. Sarcasm is hard to detect on forums.

Anyway...

Some cases have a switch that detects whether the side panels have been opened. That was the cause of the first message -- the system was just letting you know that someone had been messing around inside. That someone just happened to be you.

I'd say you likely bumped some stuff inside the case when you were installing the lights. That could easily cause the high temps and BSODs. Make sure the everything is still properly installed in their slots and sockets, and I would remove and re-install the CPU cooler just in case. That will require removing the current thermal compound and applying new, of course.

denizg6

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
ow god , I should reinstall my cpu cooler, ok I i will do so , any thermal compound you recommend?

Also I open my case regularyly and just a week ago I installed a new soundcard and it did not give the same error weird ha?

nor when I installed the 12 gb ram a month ago.

Hope this fixes it , its very hard to reinstall h50 coller