bikester

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
Hi all;

I have an older Aopen cube system (model EZ661-T) that has died, nothing happens at all when I try to turn it on. I have verified that the power supply is fine, so I'm thinking the switch may be faulty. I've taken it apart, but am not sure which is the power. Could anyone give any advice?

See the attached pictures of the switch.

thank you!

SAM_0901800x600.jpg

SAM_0903800x600.jpg

soest009

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
Tried to look for the pin assignments of that connector on the mainboard of your rig, but couldn't really find something useful.
What you can do is to see if the pins of the front panel connector on the mainboard have labels imprinted on the board itself.
If not i cannot say anything else useful then to contact Aopen.

3xch4ng3

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011

You can always follow the cable back to the motherboard and use a flat head screw driver to jump the 2 pins on the motherboard for the power switch. If in fact the power switch itself is the issue then the system should start up using a screw driver. The cable headers should have labels on them showing you which one is the power switch just unplug this header and jump the 2 pins it was connected to.

If this works you can always by a generic power switch at a local Fry's / Radio Shack / MicroCenter.

Contacting AOpen isn't the best option as I worked for them up until last year and they stopped supporting discontinued products.

bikester

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
Thank you, but that is the problem - I can't see into where the headers are as to which ones are for power.... If I try and choose the wrong pins will I fry the system?

thanks!

3xch4ng3

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011

No, you won't fry the system. Typically the pin-out is for front panel connectors only, so you have Power Switch, Reset Switch, HDD LED, Power LED, and Speaker. Just as long as you're only jumping the 2 pins that are connected by one header you'll be fine.