Problem with old GPu

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirgamesalot1234

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Hi im buildin a new rig and im taking the gtx 460 out of my old rig to go with a new one in sli .
well im givin my old pc to my sister and was going to just put back the NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT that came with the pc but when i take the new card out and replace it with the old one when i turn the system on it all boot up with power but there nothing display on the screen i took it out and made sure that it was in there snug and the hdmi was in all the way and still nothing

so my question is how do i make it so i can put the old 9500 gt in it and it will actually display?

sirgamesalot1234

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
no i dont see anything i took the gtx460 out. put in the old 9500 gt and pulled in the hdmi and started it up everything comes on. even the 9500 Gt but my monitor still says no signal but when i took it out and put the gtx460 back in the pc works fine. im on it now typing this message so i dont understand what i need to do to make it work

Go into the BIOS and activate the integrated GPU. Then boot to windows and uninstall the GTX 460 drivers. After that, install the drivers for the 9500GT. After you have installed the 9500GT turn off the integrated GPU and you should be good to go. ;) Hope it works.

sirgamesalot1234

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
thank you very much for your help hostile they do run on the same driver but i just did what you send anyway and uninstall the display driver turned off the pc put in the old card turn the pc on and it work currentin install the same driver for it that i uninstall for my 460 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.