Distinguished
Jan 28, 2003
Hey all,

I'm looking at 4 options of 5.1 speakers:

Altec Lansing 5100 5.1 Speaker System

Altec Lansing 251 5.1 Speaker

Creative Labs Inspire 5.1 5200 Speaker Systems

Logitech Z-640

I'm am looking for crisp sound and bass in the low to mid level-volume-range, they're never giong to be up that loud. I also need the option-though this may be sound card dependant, of using headphones. I need quality at low decibles, they will be used for mainly gaming and music...you know, stuff with sound..;)

I have read some costumer reviews at cnet and zdnet but nothing to really sway me either way. I'm looking for a site that has reviews on speaker systems as well as your feed back.

Also, do you need an earphone jack in the speakers themselves if one has Creative Labs SB Audigy X-Gamer or Audigy-2 6.1? thx.

peace,
-=<font color=blue>i3lue}{orneT</font color=blue>=-<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by BlueHornet on 02/02/03 05:14 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

superpsa

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2002
I bought a set of Altec Lansing 251's and they're really sweet. Only problem I have is that if you want to change the rear and front volumes you can only do it through software, although once you've found your ideal set up you don't want it changed ;) Really nice speakers at a really nice price. Also the rears and center can be wall mounted.

AMD Is An Anagram Of MAD, Intel Is An Anagram Of INLET, Cyrix...Ah Who Cares?