Hey Borg players,...

you know the annoying troop conversion thing, do you? If not it is like
that:

Assume player A and B have a base on the same planet and also there is
a Borg base. All bases are set to peaceful. Now A and B become hostile,
but the relation ship to the Borg stays unchanged. Then even if all
bases are set to peaceful then Borg troop conversion takes place.

This is

1st) because the Borg troop conversion is an event which takes place in
GA routine if the routine is invoked not matter how base attack
settings are and
2nd) because the GA routine is invoked only if two players with a base
on the same planet are at war due to the ally menu settings no matter
how the bases are set to.

What if we would have the rule

New: Borg troop conversion only takes place if the Borg base is not set
to peaceful.
6 answers Last reply
More about borg players

    And what if a Borg base is attacked, don't you want it to defend
    itself?!

    Well, the turn the enemy lands nothing happens. And then it should be
    the players decision to set the base other then peaceful. If he forget
    to do it then he deserves the losses.

    The world would not sink but converting too much of the tax paying
    drones into troops when assimilating an enemy base with a greater hive
    is annoying.

    GFM GToeroe

    I would be very happy if when the conversion is triggered up to 20% of
    your colonists are made into troops, but that 20% is maximum percentage
    of troops the base could have.

    This way, if you had a Borg base with 1 million colonists the base would
    never have more than 200,000 troops.

    Better yet, just make it static at 10% or whatever similar to crew.
    That would prevent the problem entirely, allow Borg players to load
    troops onto their ships early on, and reduce the Borg ground assault
    potential.

    gfm@gtoeroe.de wrote:
    > Well, the turn the enemy lands nothing happens. And then it should be
    > the players decision to set the base other then peaceful. If he forget
    > to do it then he deserves the losses.
    >
    > The world would not sink but converting too much of the tax paying
    > drones into troops when assimilating an enemy base with a greater hive
    > is annoying.
    >
    > GFM GToeroe

    I have a problem with the idea that bases and ships are lost to attacks
    without resisting. Even if "W" were to welcome invading troops into my
    city, they are not getting my block until I run out of ammunition. If my
    ship captains just sat around being fired on by an "ally", they would be
    wise to see that they didn't survive, as I would make them really sorry
    for that error.

    I like the idea of setting a "reaction number" every race. Let's say you
    are in a game with five other players, and you set the races to:

    a. 100%, no matter what your ships and/or troops will always attack them
    first, regardless. (Israel & Palestine)
    b. 75%, If there is no race a around, they will be attacked. They will
    be the secondary target in multi race encounters.
    c. 50%, an uneasy peace, in a battle they will be attacked less
    frequently, Ships will withdraw rather than attack unless fired on.
    d. 25%, a trading partner, some coordination of military ops, but, if
    they fire on your assets, they will return fire.
    e. 0%, the "true love" setting, like what we have now, no matter what
    they do you will not fire on them unless the setting is changed.

    Something similar was in an add-on for P3, it may have been called "the
    Killing Floor", of course that may have been something else...

    just my .02 Euros,

    al

    gfm@gtoeroe.de wrote:
    > Well, the turn the enemy lands nothing happens. And then it should be
    > the players decision to set the base other then peaceful. If he forget
    > to do it then he deserves the losses.

    Sometimes I don't WANT to attack the enemy, I would rather take the
    losses when they attack and assimilate from them (when I'm assimilating
    more than they are killing anyway, or if I've got some mini-assimilators
    on the way, etc...)

    > The world would not sink but converting too much of the tax paying
    > drones into troops when assimilating an enemy base with a greater hive
    > is annoying.

    If you don't want to lose colonists use a ship to assimilate them before
    you land or prevent them from landing. And frankly other races don't
    WANT to transfer tax paying citizens into troops either, they do it
    because they have to. I don't see why Borg shouldn't have the same problem.

    Gary

    I would change it so that no conversion happens if both (!) bases are
    set to peaceful!

    Sometimes the Borg troops are not strong enough to take the enemy in
    GA. A good strategy is to let the opponent attack first and thereby
    kill a high percentage of his forces. Of course to be successfull one
    needs the troops and this can best be done by keeping all own troops in
    the base = peaceful setting!

Games Video Games