songoku619

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
Hi

I recently built a new audio + light gaming system (with the help of you guys here at toms Brilliant stuff :) )
Anyways to the point. NO OC'ing. And The system was meant to be as quiet as my LIMITED student budget allows.

The specs are in my sig.

The case removes alot of the noise. Case fans, gfx fan and PSU fan were all designed with acoustics in mind and is nearly inaudible. The only problem is the stock CPU cooler fan. It's louder than I would like (By quite a bit). I've tried lowering the fan speed but it's already at its lowest.

Can anyone suggest any budget based coolers? (not looking for performance - only acoustics) btw I'm from South Africa so no newegg. Be gentle :>

I was thinking:

120-mxu
Hyper 212+
Zalman CNPS stuff

Bang for buck? (In terms of acoustics) and a cpu compatible checkup (dunno what works with wat)

songoku619

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
Thanks soest, I'd just like to know, Zalman prides themselves on "quiet computing"
Would a Zalman cooler, say the CNPS 7000c Do a better job of silencing than the coolermaster at roundabout the same price?

soest009

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
If we look at the specs from the manufacturers then the zalman would be more quite of the two.

CM Hyper 212+ Fan Noise Level (dB-A) 13 - 32 dBA

Zalman CNPS7000C-CU Noise Level 17.0dBA ± 10% ~ 24.0dBA ± 10%