Intel hd3000 vs nvidia 8400gs

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogesh_appu

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
recently i upgrade my pc now i have intel i5 2400
i have old nvidia 8400gs so my question is intel i5 2400 comes with intel hd3000 so intel hd3000 is better than nvidia 8400gs

which one give me better results in watching movies and play game like

Solution
Yeah, the 3000 is only in the K series chips I believe which actually makes no sense. The K series are the chips that can OC and to OC you need a P67 motherboard which cannot use the integrated video. The H67 boards can use it but they cannot OC. I dunno what Intel was thinking there.
Yeah, the 3000 is only in the K series chips I believe which actually makes no sense. The K series are the chips that can OC and to OC you need a P67 motherboard which cannot use the integrated video. The H67 boards can use it but they cannot OC. I dunno what Intel was thinking there.

Solution
GAMING:

That CPU is capable of handling TWO of the best graphics cards such as 2xHD5870 or 2xGTX580.

The cards you mention have almost no modern gaming potential. I'm looking at my games list (about 40) and didn't see any that I thought would be playable with those cards.

If your going to spend any time gaming then you should spend at least $200 on a graphics card. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this one:

NVidia GTX 560 Ti

Check out my reasons here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/308508-33-stock-radeon-6870-sapphire-asus#t2306837

MOVIES:
If possible, enable hardware acceleration (in software). Software I use:
VLC, K-Lite Codec Pack, Boxee

MEDIA PLAYERS:
WDTVLIVEHUB or Boxee Box

WDTVLIVEHUB can play DVD ISO (with menus) from its internal 1TB hard drive as well as other media. I think BluRay works too. Boxee Box needs more software updates, but it is good and will be great. Best addon hard drive is a WD 2TB Elements (on sale for $90 to $135).

I have the WDTVLIVEHUB 3TB (1TB internal + 2TB Elements) and have my BluRay rips (MKV) and DVD ISO's etc filling the entire space. I really love this device and negatives are small. If you have a large video collection go with WD; if mainly net-based (Netflix, YouTube etc) go with Boxee Box.

yogesh_appu

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010

thanks man for tell me difference between p67 or h67 mobs

so i go for p67+i5 2500k along with nvidia gtx460/ati 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS