GPU Advice

Looking to purchase Two Video cards, I'm wondering if maybe two 6870's will do or should I get two 6950's .. Not wanting to completely overkill.

Opinions?

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Friday, Febuary 4th

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, Ranging from MMO's RTS and FPS

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: No current GPU, PSU - XFX 850W Black Edition

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: Crosshair IV Formula, AMD Phenom II x6 1100

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: NCIX.ca, Ebay, Tiger Direct, Newegg

PARTS PREFERENCES: ATI

OVERCLOCKING: Overclocking - Maybe Crossfire - Yes

MONITOR RESOLUTION: (1920x1080, 1920x1200)
4 answers Last reply
More about advice
  1. Is there a reason you are set on getting 2 cards from the start? I would recommend at least getting just a single HD6950 at first and seeing if that is enough for you. I suspect it will be, especially if you unlock it into an HD6970.
  2. ^agree.
    Having 2 really fast cards is big overkill for your gaming needs.Unless your playing games like crysis or crysis 2 and must have every setting maxed out,then theirs no reason you should need x2 6950's.
    On a side note,if you are running dual monitors or an eyefinity setup, getting a 69xx series card will be very helpfuly and boost performance because of the 2G of RAM.
    Could you list some games your intedning to play?
  3. Lets stop the insanity right here. If you want 2 cards make sure you are getting the Nvidia 560ti. Better price, better dual card drivers.
  4. Yes, he should make sure he gets two cards he can't use on his non-SLI motherboard. Good thing you were here to stop the insanity :p
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Graphics Product