ROBOTS_FIGHTERS_lfm-HELP needed

My friends and I are planning to dive into VGAP4... we are now doing a
testgame and I am also playing with myself ;)
now we play with the SHAREWAREversion (downloaded from the official site)

now I cannot get the ROBOTS to build fighters in space and I really have no
clue where to look now... last guess is that somehow it is not implemented
or I have missed something stupid.
I do click on the button .. replenish fighters...
and in the Friendly Code and Command COde I have tried to fill in the code
lfm... nothing happends...
I do use the carrier INstrumentality with 6 fighter bays above a friendly
planet and in both are enough resources....

ALso I read in multiple reports that the Q-tanker is good for making
fighters... well HOW..???

anyone out there knows the answer...??

thnx

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

To build fighters in space your ship needs at least one of the
following Ship devices:
Mobile Fighter 1 Factory
Mobile Fighter 2 Factory
Mobile Fighter 3 Factory

You also need to have Cash on board the ship to build at least 10
fighters to get the ball rolling.

I am assuming that you where asking about free fighter production
because of playing Version 3?

In Version 4 There is No Free Fighter production ( well no more just
put minerals in your holds and out pops fighters) -- you can build
fighter's in space if you had a ship with Fighther production
facilities and you have the cash.. However since you have mentioned
that you are using Shareware then you dont have access to it.

So to build fighters you need a Fighter Plant in a base . To form them
into free air wings you need an Air Attack Base.

The Replenish Fighters button works only if you are on top of a base
with fighters == then it fills up the fighter bays on the ship
(starting from Type 3 down to Type 1 )

Welcome to VGA version 4.. Yes its a steep learning curve but once you
get the hang of it its great fun :)

PS --
Read the help files in the vga site as well as the bug fixes and
changes -- yes sometimes the docs are a bit wrong.. buy hey thats why
there's a news group.

Just remember to research first before asking.. sometimes people get a
bit testy when they keep answering the same question over and over
again.. ( if this was a tech support job then we wouldnt mind :p )

Djurre wrote:
> My friends and I are planning to dive into VGAP4... we are now doing a
> testgame and I am also playing with myself ;)
> now we play with the SHAREWAREversion (downloaded from the official site)
>
> now I cannot get the ROBOTS to build fighters in space and I really have no
> clue where to look now... last guess is that somehow it is not implemented
> or I have missed something stupid.
> I do click on the button .. replenish fighters...
> and in the Friendly Code and Command COde I have tried to fill in the code
> lfm... nothing happends...
> I do use the carrier INstrumentality with 6 fighter bays above a friendly
> planet and in both are enough resources....
> thnx

thnx for the replies...
I read as much as I could... but everywhere they mentioned the resources to
fighters thing... now I know it is not in 4 anymore...
oh well need to use pods then with fighters....

hmmm centaurs do have factories on tech 6.. could be nice if only they had a
sweeper and I would not heven been such a cylon freak..

thnx all

Djurre wrote:
> My friends and I are planning to dive into VGAP4... we are now doing a
> testgame and I am also playing with myself ;)
> now we play with the SHAREWAREversion (downloaded from the official site)
>
> now I cannot get the ROBOTS to build fighters in space and I really have no
> clue where to look now... last guess is that somehow it is not implemented
> or I have missed something stupid.
> I do click on the button .. replenish fighters...
> and in the Friendly Code and Command COde I have tried to fill in the code
> lfm... nothing happends...
> I do use the carrier INstrumentality with 6 fighter bays above a friendly
> planet and in both are enough resources....
>

> ALso I read in multiple reports that the Q-tanker is good for making
> fighters... well HOW..???
>
> anyone out there knows the answer...??
>
> thnx

replenish fighters loads fighters from a base below to the ship, up to
filling all of the bays. it loads them in order, first all of the T3
then T2 and finally T1.