ROBOTS_FIGHTERS_lfm-HELP needed

My friends and I are planning to dive into VGAP4... we are now doing a
testgame and I am also playing with myself ;)
now we play with the SHAREWAREversion (downloaded from the official site)

now I cannot get the ROBOTS to build fighters in space and I really have no
clue where to look now... last guess is that somehow it is not implemented
or I have missed something stupid.
I do click on the button .. replenish fighters...
and in the Friendly Code and Command COde I have tried to fill in the code
lfm... nothing happends...
I do use the carrier INstrumentality with 6 fighter bays above a friendly
planet and in both are enough resources....

ALso I read in multiple reports that the Q-tanker is good for making
fighters... well HOW..???

anyone out there knows the answer...??

thnx
4 answers Last reply
More about robots_fighters_lfm help needed

    To build fighters in space your ship needs at least one of the
    following Ship devices:
    Mobile Fighter 1 Factory
    Mobile Fighter 2 Factory
    Mobile Fighter 3 Factory

    You also need to have Cash on board the ship to build at least 10
    fighters to get the ball rolling.

    I am assuming that you where asking about free fighter production
    because of playing Version 3?

    In Version 4 There is No Free Fighter production ( well no more just
    put minerals in your holds and out pops fighters) -- you can build
    fighter's in space if you had a ship with Fighther production
    facilities and you have the cash.. However since you have mentioned
    that you are using Shareware then you dont have access to it.

    So to build fighters you need a Fighter Plant in a base . To form them
    into free air wings you need an Air Attack Base.

    The Replenish Fighters button works only if you are on top of a base
    with fighters == then it fills up the fighter bays on the ship
    (starting from Type 3 down to Type 1 )

    Welcome to VGA version 4.. Yes its a steep learning curve but once you
    get the hang of it its great fun :)

    PS --
    Read the help files in the vga site as well as the bug fixes and
    changes -- yes sometimes the docs are a bit wrong.. buy hey thats why
    there's a news group.

    Just remember to research first before asking.. sometimes people get a
    bit testy when they keep answering the same question over and over
    again.. ( if this was a tech support job then we wouldnt mind :P )

    Djurre wrote:
    > My friends and I are planning to dive into VGAP4... we are now doing a
    > testgame and I am also playing with myself ;)
    > now we play with the SHAREWAREversion (downloaded from the official site)
    >
    > now I cannot get the ROBOTS to build fighters in space and I really have no
    > clue where to look now... last guess is that somehow it is not implemented
    > or I have missed something stupid.
    > I do click on the button .. replenish fighters...
    > and in the Friendly Code and Command COde I have tried to fill in the code
    > lfm... nothing happends...
    > I do use the carrier INstrumentality with 6 fighter bays above a friendly
    > planet and in both are enough resources....
    > thnx

    thnx for the replies...
    I read as much as I could... but everywhere they mentioned the resources to
    fighters thing... now I know it is not in 4 anymore...
    oh well need to use pods then with fighters....

    hmmm centaurs do have factories on tech 6.. could be nice if only they had a
    sweeper and I would not heven been such a cylon freak..

    thnx all

    Djurre wrote:
    > My friends and I are planning to dive into VGAP4... we are now doing a
    > testgame and I am also playing with myself ;)
    > now we play with the SHAREWAREversion (downloaded from the official site)
    >
    > now I cannot get the ROBOTS to build fighters in space and I really have no
    > clue where to look now... last guess is that somehow it is not implemented
    > or I have missed something stupid.
    > I do click on the button .. replenish fighters...
    > and in the Friendly Code and Command COde I have tried to fill in the code
    > lfm... nothing happends...
    > I do use the carrier INstrumentality with 6 fighter bays above a friendly
    > planet and in both are enough resources....
    >

    > ALso I read in multiple reports that the Q-tanker is good for making
    > fighters... well HOW..???
    >
    > anyone out there knows the answer...??
    >
    > thnx

    replenish fighters loads fighters from a base below to the ship, up to
    filling all of the bays. it loads them in order, first all of the T3
    then T2 and finally T1.

Command Prompt Video Games