Your question

How to decide on SMPS watts for a system

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cooler Master
  • Components
Last response: in Components
July 7, 2011 11:58:31 AM

Hello,I am planning to configure a system. for that the Chassis: Cooler Master 690 II Plus,Mother Board:Asus M4A 88TD-V-EVO USB3, Processor:AMD Phenom™ II X4, 125W, memory-CorsAir 2GB, Optical Drive,500 GB Seagate HDD. Techcom 450 Watts SMPS will be fine for this now.? I am planning to upgrade it with 2GB graphics card/video Card . SO I am planning to replace the current PSU with Cooler master Extreme Power series 650 watts. Will it be sufficient?
Please advice.
Thanks, Krishna

More about : decide smps watts system

a c 91 ) Power supply
July 7, 2011 2:14:44 PM

Please open a single thread for a single query and wait for responses. In other words, don't create multiple threads for the same question.

Btw, to answer your thread heading, go to the underlying link. Fill it to the best of your knowledge and hit the calculate button. It will tell you how many watts your system needs -

www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp
m
l
a c 1217 ) Power supply
July 7, 2011 3:31:32 PM

knkdas said:
Hello,I am planning to configure a system. for that the Chassis: Cooler Master 690 II Plus,Mother Board:Asus M4A 88TD-V-EVO USB3, Processor:AMD Phenom™ II X4, 125W, memory-CorsAir 2GB, Optical Drive,500 GB Seagate HDD. Techcom 450 Watts SMPS will be fine for this now.? I am planning to upgrade it with 2GB graphics card/video Card . SO I am planning to replace the current PSU with Cooler master Extreme Power series 650 watts. Will it be sufficient?
Please advice.
Thanks, Krishna

The Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus RS-650-PCAR-E3 is a piece of trash that is unable to deliver its labeled wattage.

What is the make and model of the 2GB graphics card? Without knowing that, I can only guess as to if its enough or insufficient.
m
l
!