christian_11

Honorable
Corsair Memory Vengeance 16 Gb Dual Channel Kit DDR3 1600 MHz
Asus 24xDVD?RW Serial ATA Internal OEM Drive
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX
Corsair Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid Tower
Corsair Enthusiast Series 750-Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply
AMD FX 6100 6-Core Processor
Corsair Memory Airflow Fan
XFX-6670 PCI-e VideoCard
WD 250Gb Sata HD
Aoc 21.5 LED Monitor

Put this altogether, installed windows 7 pro. Worked great.Did some windows updates and shut down for the night.Turned on the next morning, powers on, but screen stays blank.Unpluged all drives and all but one stick of ram, restarted same thing.Tried reseating all cables and drives...nothing.Unplugged power supply removed cmos battery and cleared cmos with jumpers.Same thing!No beeping sound like a failure.Can't access bios setup to restore defaults(which I think would by resetting cmos?)Tried videocard in another tower works fine.Even tried different videocard.Removed screws form motherboard to make sure the board isn't grounding out on chasis. Any ideas at all would be great...still under 30 day warranty, don't want to have to send everything back just to find out.One thing i did notice the last time I tried to get to work, the fan on the videocards rev up and down like they're cycling.The video card does not have a power adapter all through the PCI slot.
Thank you in advance for any help!! anuffstuff@hotmail.com
Christian

scottiemedic

Distinguished
Pull it all apart and start from scratch, systematically putting in CPU/RAM, boot (it should turn on but no video obviously). Install GPU, boot then next item (HDD or optical), boot. Keep systematically installing one thing and booting and try to isolate the problem.

If it doesn't fire with just the CPU/RAM there may be a problem with mobo or CPU. Have another CPU that is compatible with the board to try and rule it out?

christian_11

Honorable
Gigabyte has just contacted me...you need a non FX chip installed..then update bios..then put FX chip back in