Sign in with
Your question

Installing Asus AH 3450 AGP

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 31, 2011 9:57:27 AM

Hi Everyone, Having problems installing graphics card. I have deleted previous driver and software, installed new AGP card, rebooted to safe mode, used driver detective to find drivers for new installed card but stops, telling me, "failed to load detection driver". I'm using windows 7. I have a XP hard drive which I put in and it installed the drivers fine and could see it in the device manager. Windows 7 just loads to the windows sign and freezes. I downloaded directly from the ASUS site but again same thing. Could it be a Bios fault. I really am stuck.
a b U Graphics card
January 31, 2011 10:44:40 AM

Forget about Driver Detective, just let Windows 7 find the drivers by itself.
January 31, 2011 12:49:41 PM

Herr_Koos said:

Thanks for replying, Windows 7 doesn't see the card even when I let windows try to find new hardware. I have an old Dell 4500 which I have upgraded the cpu to 2.8 ghz, power unit to 400w, ram to 2gb and installed a sata bareback blu-ray player with a sataraid pci card. When I load my XP drive the device manager sees the AH 3450, so the card should be OK.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 31, 2011 1:02:03 PM

OK, in that case there is a possibility 7 doesn't support the card, in which case you are out of luck.
January 31, 2011 1:07:56 PM

Herr_Koos said:

It did say it was compatible with windows 7. Thanks anyway!
!