Will Chieftec Nitro BPS-550C fit on a normal ATX case?

Xionor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
Hello. I've been using a 300W Forton ATX 300 PNF , ATX12V - 15x14x8.6 which fits snuggly into my case.

I am buying a new computer and I chose to buy a Chieftec Nitro Series BPS-550C 550W. However, its given dimensions are 15x16x8.6. - http://www.chieftec.eu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&lang=EN&id=518

Will I even be able to bolt it to my case? It appears to be one of the only PSUs out there with such bizzaree dimensions. Does anyone have experience with it?

If not, which one of these normally sized ones do you recommend me instead -
Chieftec Smart Series 550W
Cooler Master GX 550W
Silver Power SP-SS500 500W or
Corsair CX V2 500W

Thank you advance!

Solution
psu's for pc's are often made to a standard hight and width with only length being where some are bigger.
genraly a psu is made to a set standard unless its from an oem manufacturer then there can be big variation from stock size and shape.
but as a rule gaming psu's are modular to every gaming grade case.

so unless your case is particularly small front to back then there should be no reason why it cant fit.
psu's for pc's are often made to a standard hight and width with only length being where some are bigger.
genraly a psu is made to a set standard unless its from an oem manufacturer then there can be big variation from stock size and shape.
but as a rule gaming psu's are modular to every gaming grade case.

so unless your case is particularly small front to back then there should be no reason why it cant fit.

Solution

Xionor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
I just realized that the 16 is, as you said, lenght, not widht or height, so it will fit just fine : x Silly of me.

In any case i settled for the Corsair CX V2 instead after i read a few more positive reviews on it.