Q: How to convert JPG files to MPG/AVI

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
February 16, 2005 1:28:56 AM

Hi!

I have a series of JPG files here, that I want to convert to a MPG/AVI
file. Any software hint for doing this on XP (or maybe Linux)?
Also hint on batch resizer appreciated, as photos are in 1024x768.

Thanx for your help,
J.
February 16, 2005 1:28:57 AM

JPGVideo http://www.ndrw.co.uk
free & simple

XP has MovieMaker you can download but it's pretty lame for larger
projects, Proshow Gold is similar but more robust though not free but
also alows adding sound, etc.

Jordan wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a series of JPG files here, that I want to convert to a MPG/AVI
> file. Any software hint for doing this on XP (or maybe Linux)?
> Also hint on batch resizer appreciated, as photos are in 1024x768.
>
> Thanx for your help,
> J.
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 1:28:57 AM

"Jordan" <dont@spam.me> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I have a series of JPG files here, that I want to convert to a MPG/AVI
> file. Any software hint for doing this on XP (or maybe Linux)?
> Also hint on batch resizer appreciated, as photos are in 1024x768.
>
> Thanx for your help,

Adobe Premiere Pro will take sequentially-numbered jpegs and convert them
into an AVI, though that may be overkill. Jasc (who makes Paint Shop) has,
as I recall, a media program of some sort that will do the same thing.

> J.
February 16, 2005 1:28:57 AM

Among other things VirtualDub can make AVI from pictures (BMP and TGA).

http://www.virtualdub.org/

You can convert your pictures (to BMP or TGA) and resize with XnView.

http://www.xnview.com/

Both applications are free.

Markku Virtanen
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 8:31:54 PM

On 15 Feb 2005 22:28:56 GMT, in rec.photo.digital Jordan <dont@spam.me>
wrote:

>I have a series of JPG files here, that I want to convert to a MPG/AVI
>file. Any software hint for doing this on XP (or maybe Linux)?
>Also hint on batch resizer appreciated, as photos are in 1024x768.

JASC, now Corel, Animation Shop will let you take a sequence of images and
create an animated gif of avi with a specified frame rate.
http://www.jasc.com/products/animationshop/
I got it as part of the V7 anniversarry edition of PSP.
----------
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
February 17, 2005 12:46:01 AM

Jordan <dont@spam.me> wrote in news:Xns95FEEEC0B1BF8asdfqwerghhz6t25asra@
67.98.68.19:

> Hi!
>
> I have a series of JPG files here, that I want to convert to a MPG/AVI
> file. Any software hint for doing this on XP (or maybe Linux)?
> Also hint on batch resizer appreciated, as photos are in 1024x768.
>
> Thanx for your help,
> J.

Thanx for the hints.

J.
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 11:31:40 AM

Jordan wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a series of JPG files here, that I want to convert to a MPG/AVI
> file. Any software hint for doing this on XP (or maybe Linux)?
> Also hint on batch resizer appreciated, as photos are in 1024x768.

Windows MovieMaker, included with XP, will do the job (you MAY be
limited to output in WMV format, I'm not sure... it SHOULD allow AVI
output). Make sure you've got the latest version (included with SP2).

Batch resizer: www.irfanview.com

BTW, you shouldn't need to resize for movie output - the software will
automatically resize to its defined resident format (640x400 or 640x480
for most video formats).
!